Solved

New member with question

• 24 April 2018
  • 5 replies

I am new to this community, long time her of webroot and have a question. I received 2 emails from "webroot" with this message. Smells and feels like a scam as it has hyperlinks but just wanted to see if anyone else has gotten this. Thanks. 

Instructions for updating SecureAnywhere® Mobile Protection for Android 

Webroot released an essential update for SecureAnywhere® Mobile Protection for Android. To avoid service disruption, please be sure to your Android Mobile Security app to version 5.0.1 by April 24th. 

You can quickly tell if your app has this important update. From your Android device, click on this link or search for “Webroot” in the Play Store app and view the Mobile Security app. If you see a button that says “Open”, then you have the newest version and there’s nothing you need to do. However, if yousee a button that says “Update” instead, then you are not on the latest version and you should update. Do this by tapping the “Update” button. See screenshots below for reference.
icon

Best answer by LLiddell 25 April 2018, 16:38

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +36
@ wrote:
I am new to this community, long time her of webroot and have a question. I received 2 emails from "webroot" with this message. Smells and feels like a scam as it has hyperlinks but just wanted to see if anyone else has gotten this. Thanks. 

Instructions for updating SecureAnywhere® Mobile Protection for Android 

Webroot released an essential update for SecureAnywhere® Mobile Protection for Android. To avoid service disruption, please be sure to your Android Mobile Security app to version 5.0.1 by April 24th. 

You can quickly tell if your app has this important update. From your Android device, click on this link or search for “Webroot” in the Play Store app and view the Mobile Security app. If you see a button that says “Open”, then you have the newest version and there’s nothing you need to do. However, if yousee a button that says “Update” instead, then you are not on the latest version and you should update. Do this by tapping the “Update” button. See screenshots below for reference.

This is actually legitimate, there was an update to the Mobile Protection application that needed to be instituted by today, so it is in fact sent out by us. Thank you for checking!
Hi @,

Welcome to the Webroot Community.

Good idea on your part to check with Webroot if you ever doubt these types of notices. ;)

As LLiddell said, this email is legitimate and was sent out to ensure everyone is updated to the correct version of the Mobile Security app.

This topic is also under discussion in the Community in this thread, which may provide you with more information rearding this matter.

Hope this info helps.
Thank you for your response. I am just a little confused since I have the Secure Anywhere Mobile App and not the Mobile Security App . The message appears to be directed to me as a paid Secure Anywhere client but then referred to the Mobile Security App. Am I to think I should (or should have) use Mobile Secuity instead? Any clarity would be helpful.
Userlevel 7
Badge +36
@ wrote:
Thank you for your response. I am just a little confused since I have the Secure Anywhere Mobile App and not the Mobile Security App . The message appears to be directed to me as a paid Secure Anywhere client but then referred to the Mobile Security App. Am I to think I should (or should have) use Mobile Secuity instead? Any clarity would be helpful.
The application labelled "Mobile Security" is the current app that you should be using, yes. The "Secure Anywhere Mobile" is the older version, so please make sure the application is updated. If you need any help with this, please reach out to our support team so they can assist you further.

Create a ticket: http://wbrt.io/eyqx
Call: 1-866-612-4227
Got it! Thanks so much.