Solved

NEW PURCHASE - BIG PROBLEMS

• 8 March 2019
  • 3 replies

Badge
Bought subscription directly from webroot webpage. Money instantly taken out. Received receiptc confirmation, and keycode. Tried to download actually software but when entering said keycode, wasnt recognized...

Then, i click "chat" to get help and im literally transferred FIVE TIMES between Geek Squad, Webroot, and some other 3rd party company... and then HUNG UP on... all i want to do is install... and i paid... and why do i have to wait for someone to contact me back through email to get a solution... i feel like just demanding my refund... we are all sitting here trying to get a new machine going and we MUST install virus protection first... and after paying we EXPECTED to use it right away, witht he same speed as the money being taken.... very frustrating and disheartening process, dont put the Geek Squad chat button on their if they can't help... we've been using Webroot for years on multiple computer and NEVER had a problem, in fact we NEVER had a problem INSTALLING the software first, and THEN entering the keycode to activate it... this new process is terrible...
icon

Best answer by freydrew 8 March 2019, 04:49

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello @goodkine ,

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

So sorry to hear you are having issues with Webroot.

Would you Please follow the steps below closely in terms of installing WSA on the target system/machine?

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • Be sure you have or add your Keycode to your Online Console: Webroot SecureAnywhere Online Console
  • KEEP the computer online during the install to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Geek Squad Subscription PC users click HERE). Let us know if it is the Mac version you need.
  • Install with the new installer, entering your Keycode when prompted to do so in the install process
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot
Please get back to us if you are still having problems installing with that keycode. Or directly Contact Webroot Support during business hours tomorrow and they will help you . I can also ask our Administrator @LLiddell to look into this for you as well.

Submit a ticket
Call 1-866-612-4227

Thanks,
Sherry
Userlevel 7
Badge +48
Sorry to hear that @goodkine. Sherry provided some great advice but what you're experiencing may be related to this issue. At this time there is no additional action that you need to take.

If you have further questions, please contact our Support team:
Home and Home Office support
Business support
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Sorry to hear that @goodkine. Sherry provided some great advice but what you're experiencing may be related to this issue. At this time there is no additional action that you need to take.

If you have further questions, please contact our Support team:Home and Home Office supportBusiness support

Thank you Drew for intervening. I was not aware of this issue. Much appreciated.

Aren't you up late? 😁