new subscriber with questions

• 3 December 2017
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge
  I just renewed my WSA product, it has 10 days remaining on current subscription.
1) Will it automatically update on the next reboot, or first reboot after current subscription runs out in 10 days? There was a note that the credit card wouldn't be charged until subscription ends.
2) Will I retain the existing key code or be sent another?

I also registered my WSA product, which led me here. I don't know why it wasn't done a year ago when I bought the computer and WSA from Best Buy.
 1) Anyway, on the webpage/console do I have to add the current PC and then any other pc or mobile? I would guess so, since it says 0 protected.  Is it really necessary if I only have WSA on one computer?

Thanks in advance

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
  I just renewed my WSA product, it has 10 days remaining on current subscription.
1) Will it automatically update on the next reboot, or first reboot after current subscription runs out in 10 days? There was a note that the credit card wouldn't be charged until subscription ends.
2) Will I retain the existing key code or be sent another?

I also registered my WSA product, which led me here. I don't know why it wasn't done a year ago when I bought the computer and WSA from Best Buy.
 1) Anyway, on the webpage/console do I have to add the current PC and then any other pc or mobile? I would guess so, since it says 0 protected.  Is it really necessary if I only have WSA on one computer?

Thanks in advance
Hello,

If it's a Best Buy Subscription it will take 24 to 48 hours to show and if it doesn't please contact Best Buy Geek Squad: https://www.webroot.com/ca/en/home/products/geeksquad-dl

1.800.Geeksquad

Also every computer should have WSA installed IMO.

Thanks,

Daniel
Userlevel 1
Badge
Thanks Daniel,
I do and have had WSA installed, I was wondering about the web console portion, which was my last question in my original post.  What benefits other than being able to check other computers/devices, without actually being on the other computer/device, or checking my one device via the web.  My computer is normally powered down when not in use.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Thanks Daniel,
I do and have had WSA installed, I was wondering about the web console portion, which was my last question in my original post.  What benefits other than being able to check other computers/devices, without actually being on the other computer/device, or checking my one device via the web.  My computer is normally powered down when not in use.
We always recommend that users create an Online Console for many reasons and you can read more here: https://docs.webroot.com/us/en/home/wsa_website_userguide/wsa_managementwebsite_userguide.htm

HTH,

Daniel 😉
Hello My name Is Joyce........I wanted to make sure my computer is fully safe and protected....I have had Weboot for more than 10yrs and I wanted to make sure I have a good anti virus protection....Thank You
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Hello My name Is Joyce........I wanted to make sure my computer is fully safe and protected....I have had Weboot for more than 10yrs and I wanted to make sure I have a good anti virus protection....Thank You
Hello Joyce and Welcome to the Webroot Community!

You sure do have the best security software on your system and protects you from all kinds of Malware: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malware Plus with it's Identity Shield you are well protected when doing online banking and purchases!

Daniel
Userlevel 1
Badge
 Now, with 2 days subscription left.  I called the local Geek Squad and also the 1-800 Geek Squad.  Since, I renewed 10 days early and my CC is not charged until the subscription ends at 0001 hours.  WebRoot won't update until the payment is captured.  So, in the mean time we deal with the RED warnings about my subscription ending and Renew Now popups.  Annoying to say the least.  
  How about this:  Take my payment when I make it and activate/reactivate/continue my product.  If it's ten days early or one day early take the payment and update my product.  
  Keep my original end of subscription date, I'm paid up through that date anyway from the previous year.  I'm not paying for ten additional days, I'm being responsible and paying early to avoid snags.   Which apparently, there have been snags in the past by reading/searching on this topic. 
  The current process seems unnecessary and can be improved upon.  
Unnecessary Frustration!!
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
 Now, with 2 days subscription left.  I called the local Geek Squad and also the 1-800 Geek Squad.  Since, I renewed 10 days early and my CC is not charged until the subscription ends at 0001 hours.  WebRoot won't update until the payment is captured.  So, in the mean time we deal with the RED warnings about my subscription ending and Renew Now popups.  Annoying to say the least.  
  How about this:  Take my payment when I make it and activate/reactivate/continue my product.  If it's ten days early or one day early take the payment and update my product.  
  Keep my original end of subscription date, I'm paid up through that date anyway from the previous year.  I'm not paying for ten additional days, I'm being responsible and paying early to avoid snags.   Which apparently, there have been snags in the past by reading/searching on this topic. 
  The current process seems unnecessary and can be improved upon.  
Unnecessary Frustration!!
I agree and maybe someone from Webroot can comment on this. @ not sure if @ is still involved with the Best Buy Subscription versions?
Userlevel 7
Hi LessN2

Welcome to the Community Forums.

I am afraid that this is how Best Buy have decided to implement their version of WRSA (where you aware that they also start the countdown on your subscription when it goes through the till?).

Both these are different to the way that the standard Webroot version is handled (both in case of a renewal or getting a new (keycode) subscription. But unfortunately this is not something that we can do anything about but rather you need to refer your complaint/thoughts directly to Best Buy (not that I am hold my breath that they listen...any time soon).

Regards, Baldrick