New To Community-marion2014-Is Super Anti Spyware compatible with Webroot?

• 20 May 2014
  • 8 replies

New To Community-marion2014-Is Super Anti Spyware compatible with Webroot?

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Yes it is 🙂
Userlevel 7
Hello Marion2014, welcome to the Webroot Community!

I believe you will find Webroot is comatible with almost any other AV.  

Here is a tip, no matter what you try to pair with Webroot, install the other one first.  While Webroot may be compatible, many others have installers that do not know this, so they balk at installing wih Webroot present.  Install the other first, then Webroot, and things should go smoothly.

Userlevel 7
Hi Marion2014,

Welcome to the Community!:D

While building a multi-protection it's always good to remember about the tip given by David:
@DavidP1970 wrote:
Here is a tip, no matter what you try to pair with Webroot, install the other one first. While Webroot may be compatible, many others have installers that do not know this, so they balk at installing wih Webroot present.  Install the other first, then Webroot, and things should go smoothly. 
A Big Kudo! ;)

You may also consider the possibility of adding other programs to the "exclusions" to minimize the risk of possible conflicts. 
In WSA you can do it here just by draging the application you want to exlcude and checking if its satus is set as "Allow":

Particulary, it is worth doing so in other programs working in real protection and adding WSA to their "exclusions files/processes", so that they do not block the great possibilities of protection which Webroot provides;)

Regards,

Mike
Userlevel 7
Mike, a Big Kudo in return: I do not use the multi-solution option, so I didn't think of the permissions you noted.  Great screenshot!

(TEAMWORK!)
Userlevel 7
@DavidP1970 wrote:
I do not use the multi-solution option 
Neither do I (actually) :D
However I remeber that this option was quite useful at the beginning of my adventure with Webroot when I was using WSA in connection with different security solutions. At present WSA is my first and the only one line of defense, supported by a normal precautions, that every user should always keeps in his mind ;)

(TEAMWORK!) :D
Userlevel 7
Hi marion2014

Welcome to the Community Fora.

I completely agree with all the previous posters...all points made valid...but I would just add one thing.  In the same way that one should, just to make sure, make sure that the SAS components are not blocked in WSA so one should do the same for the WSA components in SAS...essentially go to 'Preferences' in SAS, and then select 'Scanning Control', and then click on the 'Manage Excluded Folders' and add 'C:Program FilesWebroot' & 'C:programdataWRDATA' to the list.

These are two key WSA-related folder (not that you may not be able to see the latter one if your PC is configured to not show hidden files, folders & drives, so to do so you will need to temporarily change that under Folder Option control app in the Control Panel).

As David & Roy have stated SAS & WSA should play well together with out this...but this additional step just makes super sure of that.

Hope that helps?

Regards

Baldrick
Userlevel 7
I have followed both of David and Mike's methods in the past when using WSA with realtime scanners like MBAM, SAS, etc. and realtime AVs like Eset, Emsisoft, etc. WSA works perfectly.:)
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
I have followed both of David and Mike's methods in the past when using WSA with realtime scanners like MBAM, SAS, etc. and realtime AVs like Eset, Emsisoft, etc. WSA works perfectly.:)
I can fully confirm this :D