Solved

New to the Community & have a question

Hello,

I'm Mike from Ohio.  I've been using Webroot for our home PC for several years now and really like it.  However, I have a question...maybe a concern.

Originally, I purchased "standard" Webroot (shows as a purple icon with a green-yellow-orange-red dot inside indicating status of the updates).  Then, after being offered an upgrade to Webroot Secure Anywhere, I opted to upgrade and use that product.  For the longest time, the two products co-existed on my PC.  Within the last couple of days, the original Webroot icon will no longer update itself and show a "green" dot indicating that it's fully up-to-date...the dot only shows "red" -- I'm guessing a very bad sign.

The Webroot Secure Anywhere window continues to show that I'm protected and there are no active threats on/against my PC.  Should I be concerned?  Should both products be on my PC at the same time?  Any help is much apprectiated.
icon

Best answer by RetiredTripleHelix 7 April 2014, 15:37

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Hello Mike.  Welcome to the Webroot Commumity!

The original Webroot with the purple icon is no longer supported.  That is why you were given the upgrade to the new Secure Anywhere product.  Everyone with time remaining on a previous version was given the free upgrade.

While it might not be a problem to have both products installed, the old Webroot with the purple icon should be removed at this time.  That version is no longer protecting your computer.

I hope this helps, but let us know if you have any problems or questions.
Userlevel 7
Hi Mike,

Welcome to the Community!!

@ wrote: The Webroot Secure Anywhere window continues to show that I'm protected and there are no active threats on/against my PC.  Should I be concerned?  
If you are seeing the "Green light" and the message saying "you are protected and there are no active threats on your pc" everything is ok. That means you are protected by WSA and you can feel to be well secured! :D

Regards,

Mike
Userlevel 6
Welcome mltwcengle.....great to have you in the community!!
Userlevel 7
Please uninstall the older (Version 7) webroot product it doesnt recieve any updates and thus offers no real protection (not to mention the system resource drain). If you have any issues removing it our support team can help or you can post here and I can help out. 
Thank you very much for the information!
Thank you very much for the information.
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Thank you very much for the information.

Feel free to ask if you have any further questions.

Regards,

Mike

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello Mike and Welcome to the Webroot Community Forums!

You can use this Removal tool to make sure all of the old Webroot product is fully removed.

Webroot Legacy Programs Remover 2011 and Earlier:

http://download.webroot.com/WRUpgradeTool.exe

Cheers,

Daniel 😉
Daniel,

Many thanks...seemed to work like a charm.

Mike
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Great to hear if you have any other questions feel free to ask!

Cheers,

Daniel 😉