Solved

new to the community...help, please :)

• 17 April 2014
  • 7 replies

Hello! I'm Mary and have been using Webroot internet security plus (version 8.0.4.70) for a couple of years. The renewal offer (through Best Buy) expired a month ago---oops. I bought a new physical copy (from Best Buy). So, do I unistall the expired one, then install the new one?
icon

Best answer by shorTcircuiT 17 April 2014, 04:38

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
HI Mary!

You are in good shape.  As long as you still have your Best Buy version still installed, all you have to do is enter the new key code.

Just go to the gear tool next to My Account, and enter the key code. 

I hope this helps!
Userlevel 7
Hello Mary. Welcome to the Community. David is absolutely correct. Just enter the keycode and you're good to go.:)
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Hello Mary. Welcome to the Community. David is absolutely correct. Just enter the keycode and you're good to go.:)
Only if the original Best Buy WSA is still installed: if a Trial version was installed to provide temporary protection, the Best Buy key code will not be accepted.  The Trial will need to be removed and the Best Buy WSA installed from the Best Buy link at the bottom of my signature OR the GeekSquad emblem at the bottom of the page. (Both forward to the same page.)
It worked! Thanks so much!
Userlevel 7
Excellent, I am glad that is done :)

If you have any questions or problems, feel free to let us know, but remember you would need to call Best Buy for any issues regarding your subscription or billing.  The number to call for them would be in the Geek Squad link in my signature and the Geek Squad emblem at the bottom of the page 🙂
Userlevel 3
HI Mary!

Once you have entered your new keycode, the software should automatically update it self!  That is the nice feature about WSA!

Hope that helps!

Userlevel 7
Hi Mary,

Welcome to the Webroot Community!!:D

Regards,

Mike