Newbie..

• 1 September 2015
  • 16 replies

Userlevel 6
At least here in the home of Webroot that is. :) 

Hello everyone, i am illumination.
I have taken the time to read through many threads here and see what a close down to earth family webroot has here and decided to join. I have recently switched back to using webroot "AV for gamers" on my ROG... I used webroot before, but it has been a few years since then, and it has changed greatly over that period of time..  I look forward to getting to know all of you, and learn/share as time goes.. 

16 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi there illumination, welcome to the Community!

It is always good to meet new members here, glad to see you have decided to join in!

Webroot has changed a HUGE amount from the previous product line to the SecureAnywhere product!  I do not know how long you have been away, but if it has been more than just 3 years this is probably an entirely new experience for you!  The SecureAnywhere product is Cloud based, not definition based.  As you have seen, that makes for an incredibly tiny install download.  It is smaller, lighter, and just plain better.

To be clear, I am NOT a Webroot employee nor have I ever been.  I am just a person who decided to give it a try, and found that I really liked it, and that it does a good job.

I look forward to getting to know you, and learn from you as well as everyone brings something to the table here, as time goes by.
Userlevel 3
Hey what's up ?

My name is Norris. I read your post and skipped the body and went straight to the reply button. Haha I am newb # 6 reporting for duty.
Userlevel 3
@ wrote:
At least here in the home of Webroot that is. :) 

Hello everyone, i am illumination.
I have taken the time to read through many threads here and see what a close down to earth family webroot has here and decided to join. I have recently switched back to using webroot "AV for gamers" on my ROG... I used webroot before, but it has been a few years since then, and it has changed greatly over that period of time..  I look forward to getting to know all of you, and learn/share as time goes.. 
As a matter of fact, I might as well introduce myself. I am SO newbie that I have a USB drive with a lot of United States servicemen and women on it. All branches of service likely.
Userlevel 6
Thank you! I want to say it was around 2010 since the last time i used webroot, think it was called security essentials then.. It has indeed changed, much lighter and faster. Back in that time, it was all i used for security, now i use a layered security approach, and it is still much lighter and faster then those days, of course i do believe the difference between my system i had then, and the one i have now makes up a huge part of that as well ;) 

Im really liking the lightness, cloud scanning of this product. Im running the gamer version, and loving the fact that it just stays out of the way while i enjoy myself from time to time without having to disable or lower security to do so. 
Userlevel 3
My subscription began three months ago at the end of May. It has removed five infections so far. However, a few days ago I began posting sensitive gang-related material on my Facebook page while also writing the names of various law enforcement agencies in the United States (Westminster Gang Unit, Orange County Sheriff, Vietnamese Communist Party, etc ). Minutes after posting, my laptop started refreshing itself and loading random pages without my command....... webrooot was unable to defend whatsoever. Shortly after, my monitor began to malfunction; stopped turning on. Could be coincidence, though. Of course, that's what they want you to think.
Userlevel 7
Badge +52
?
Hello and Welcome to the Webroot Community Forums!
Userlevel 6
Thank you Petrovic! The more i read, the more i feel this could be another home away from home 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
?,

I might as well jump on in here and say Welcome to the Webroot Community!

Nice to have you here and hopefully we see alot more of you joining in with us!:D

Kind Regards,
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Welcome aboard!
Userlevel 6
Tahnk you Sherry, i shall be around more often. 
Userlevel 6
Thank you nic... 
Userlevel 3
@ wrote:
Thank you nic... 
You've been here since July 4th and you haven't met Nic and Ssherjj yet ? Haha they're awesome. Ssherjj is super friendly and Nic is super organized. I can't tell you stories though because a lot gets lost in translation.
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Tahnk you Sherry, i shall be around more often. 
GOOD!  That is what the Community is for... not just to get help, but also to learn about WSA, current security issues, getting to know your fellow Webrooters, etc!

:)
welcome to all the new members welcome and enjoy
Userlevel 6
Just as your signature suggests 😉   I tend to learn things every day no matter how big or small, it all add's up. 
Userlevel 6
Thank you!