Solved

Notification Area Icon gone after latest Windows 10 Update

• 22 July 2019
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3
Since completing the latest update for Windows 10, the Webroot icon has disappeared from the notification area in the lower right corner of my desktop. Webroot's help section gives directions that are no longer valid since Microsoft changed the access parameters for the taskbar settings. There is no longer a 'taskbar properties' button. Only taskbar settings is available and when accessing the 'select which icons appear on the taskbar' setting, the Webroot icon is not available for display. How do I restore it for easy access?
icon

Best answer by LLiddell 22 July 2019, 17:43

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +36
Honestly I'm not sure off hand as we would need to investigate and learn the root cause. Would you mind working with our support team so we can sort this out and get you taken care of? If so, we can be reached at 1-866-612-4227, or by clicking the link here to create a ticket online.
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
Hello @vbliss I assume you are using Windows 10 build 1903?

Have a look in the WSA GUI under Advance settings to see if "Show a system tray icon" is checked.

If it's set then right click on the Taskbar and click on Taskbar settings and go through to check if WSA icon is set to show as I have all mine set to show in the Notification Area!

Userlevel 1
Badge +3
Thank you for your suggestions. I had already tried your above suggestions without any success. I did talk with someone via phone from Webroot customer support. The Webroot icon wasn't even an option within the Windows 10 taskbar settings (select which icons appear..). What finally corrected the problem was a simple 'warm' reboot - a simple restart without shutting the system down first. I believe the latest Windows update messed up my customization settings and the restart corrected the problem.

Thanks again for your assistance.