Solved

Password Problems with Internet Explorer Browser

• 15 February 2014
  • 15 replies

I have only been using Webroot for about a month and scan my computer daily, sometimes more than once.
Last week, I noticed my sign in for Yahoo wouldn't work.  I can sign in at my work computer, but not the home computer where Webroot is installed.  Would Webroot allow something in that corrupted my sign in ability?
icon

Best answer by RetiredTripleHelix 17 February 2014, 02:13

View original

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Hello PeppermintP and welcome to the Webroot Community!

There have been a few reports of the Password Manager not working quite correctly under certain circumstances recently.  It would be helpful if you could provide the following information:

Operating System
Browser

Also, have you tried using it with more than one browser?  I belive some users have had a problem only with a specific browser.

@ , You have a lot more aware of the particulars of this than I am as I have been mostly absent over the last week.  Once the above requested details have been made available can you take a look?
Thanks for the quick reply.  I was using Internet Explorer as my browser.  The on-line chat people from ATT/Yahoo asked to have remote control over my computer.  After approx. 2 hrs. they said that there was a "scripted error" and it appeared that my browser had been corrupted.  We were able to get a sign in to Yahoo mail  to work using a Google Chrome browser, but I am not a big fan of google chrome.  Also it was suggested that I delete IE program and try to reload it, which I did, but that sign in still does not work.
Userlevel 7
Thank YOU for your quick reply!  :)

That is what I was expecting: The threads I have seen over the last week concern IE, but again I have been more away this week than here so I really cannot speak with any certainty.

TripleH will most likely reply once he comes online, but I also would like you to submit a Trouble Ticket with Webroot Support as well.  The more information they are able to obtain the faster they will be able to get the issue resolved.
Thanks so much.  I did respond to the help link you sent, so hopefully we can get to the bottom of this.  My employer frowns on us using work computers to access personal e-mails, so I really would like to get this resolved.:@
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello @  and Welcome to the Webroot Community Forums!

Can you open Internet Explorer and at the top click on Tools and look for and Click on Manage add-ons and I would like you to Disable the Webroot Filtering Extension and restart Internet Explorer and try to login to Yahoo and let us know if that's the fixes the issue?

Hi David!

Thanks,

Daniel ;)

http://i59.tinypic.com/2zyjz1d.png
Daniel:
  I did disable the Webroot Filtering Ext. as instructed.  I was able to get on my mail this morning prior to doing so, but did it anyway.  Can you help me with another issue?
Since installing webroot, I constantly get a box that asks "Do you want to view only the webpage content that was delivered securely (with a yes or no option).  Is there something in Webroot that brings that up?
Lots of my e-mails will not load and web pages if I don't select no But I also don't want more problems.
Thanks for your help.
Okay, I have been out of the computer for a few hours and am back to square one... can't sign in unless I go to Google Chrome.   I went back into the tools section of IE and the Webroot Filtering Ext. is still disabled, so I don't know what the problem could be.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Daniel:
  I did disable the Webroot Filtering Ext. as instructed.  I was able to get on my mail this morning prior to doing so, but did it anyway.  Can you help me with another issue?
Since installing webroot, I constantly get a box that asks "Do you want to view only the webpage content that was delivered securely (with a yes or no option).  Is there something in Webroot that brings that up?
Lots of my e-mails will not load and web pages if I don't select no But I also don't want more problems.
Thanks for your help.
That's an Internet Explorer message nothing to do with WSA and you can click no if you like. Let's try a clean reinstall! Download the Installer here and make sure you have a copy of your Keycode then Uninstall WSA and Reboot then install with the new installer and let it finish it's install scan after that is done do a reboot once again then try to access your email in Internet Explorer and let us know if that helps! If that doesn't work I see above you contact support just wait for them to reply as they can have a look at your scan logs.

HTH,

Daniel
Where would the key code be?  Also, when I bought my subscription, I had them send a disc as well... should I just uninstall and use that?
Userlevel 7
Hi PeppermintP

The keycode should have been emailed to you if you bought online from Webroot, and you woud have had to enter it when you first installed WSA...or it would be included on slip in the box if you bought a retail box version.  But I suspect that you purchase via the former if you asked for a physical CD to be sent.

Hopefully you may a note of the key code (which should be in the format AAAA-BBBB-CCCC-DDDD-EEEE where the groups from A-E can be made up of alphabetic or numerics or a mixture of both) which should have been on an email, as previously advised.

You can use what you received on this disk but you may be better off downloading the latest version for the Webroot website via the link Redownload My Product or from your MyAccount page.

Let us know if you cannot find this.

Regards

Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Where would the key code be?  Also, when I bought my subscription, I had them send a disc as well... should I just uninstall and use that?
The Keycode is here in the GUI: http://www.webroot.com/En_US/SecureAnywhere/PC/WSA_PC_Help.htm#C12_MyAccount/CH11a_ViewingAccount.htm & Here: http://www.webroot.com/En_US/SecureAnywhere/PC/WSA_PC_Help.htm#C12_MyAccount/CH11b_ActivatingKeycode.htm also use the download link I supplied in my last post as you don't need the CD.
@ wrote:
Let's try a clean reinstall! Download the Installer here and make sure you have a copy of your Keycode then Uninstall WSA and Reboot then install with the new installer and let it finish it's install scan after that is done do a reboot once again then try to access your email in Internet Explorer and let us know if that helps! If that doesn't work I see above you contact support just wait for them to reply as they can have a look at your scan logs.

HTH,

Daniel 😉
Okay, I uninstalled WSA and reinstalled it.. After it was uninstalled, I had to go into my mail to get the link to reinstall it and my mail worked perfecttly... Don't know if it is an issue with Webroot and Yahoo, or what?  Just find that very interesting... Maybe there are some issues with Webroot and my IE explorer browser.
Userlevel 7
Hi PeppermintP

Not quite clear what you are say?  Did the re-install sort the issue or do you still have the with your mail when WSA is installed/enabled, etc?  Would like to be clear on that. ;)

Regards

Baldrick
Mail worked perfectly with WSA uninstalled, but also seems to be working okay after the reinstall.  Sorry, I didn't make that clear.   Just want to find out if it will stay that way.  If not, I may have to look into another security system.  Didn't have that problem with Norton, or PC tools.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello PeppermintP,

If it's working fine now you should be fine and if it acts up again Submit a Support Ticket and they will look after you free of charge WSA gives much more and better protection than the other 2 you mentioned have a look at this Video: https://community.webroot.com/t5/Webroot-Education/What-Happens-if-Webroot-quot-Misses-quot-a-Virus/ta-p/10202#.UwLCOYXDtdU also see what is behind the small 745kb Client but all the work is done in the Cloud and no need to download definition updates as it is always up to date see here: http://www.webroot.com/us/en/partners/technology-partners/webroot-intelligence-network and Here: http://www.webroot.com/us/en/partners/technology-partners/web-content-classification it's awesome.

Cheers,

Daniel 😉