Solved

PHONE SCAM FROM WEBROOT??

• 3 October 2020
  • 1 reply

I believe I was scammed through a fraudulent webroot call. They accessed my PC through teamviewer and said that my network was comprimised and that there were people actively aswell as waiting to get on to my network wher they would be able to see any of my personal information. They then began to attempt to "clean my network" and "block the hackers", when they suddenly said that I would have to pay them for an SSL. They initially said it would be $300 dollars then they told my grandmother they could give her a senior citizens discount for a lifetime subscription for just $200 instead. This is when I believed it fully to be a scan and I disconnected from Team Viewer and hung up the phone. But at this point they have already gotten my grandmother to download things from there website and had access to command center where they type differen things in. I would like to know how can scan my network/PC to find out if they left anything malicious on the network or computer. 

icon

Best answer by Ssherjj 4 October 2020, 01:59

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +62

Hello @WallacePC 

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

Sorry to hear of this Scam. One cannot be too careful now a days. At least you were wise enough to disconnect from TeamViewer.

But, Please Submit a Support Ticket and ask them to look into your system to see if they find anything. Then you would have piece of mind that everything is fine. :wink:

You might also want to clean your Browser History and Cookies while you wait for a response from the Support Team?

Good Luck!

Note: When submitting a Support Ticket, Please wait for a response from Support. Putting in another Support Ticket on this problem before Support responses will put your first Support Ticket at the end of the queue. A reply from Support should take from 24 to 48 hours but could take a little longer because of COVID 19 and the Webroot Employees are busy working from home.