Solved

Product advice

• 8 November 2012
  • 6 replies

Hey all, 
I have been using Microsoft Security Essentials on my home computers but have recently put in a Windows Server 2012 Essentials and need AV on that.

After doing some research and free trials Webroot looks great.

My only problem is determining which product suits me best.
What I have:
Server - Hyper-V Server 2012 
2 x Virtual Machines: Server 2012 Essentials and Windows 8 

Physical machines
3 x Windows 8
1 x windows 7

Mobile:
2 x Android

I deally I would like everything covered, discounting the Hyper-V host I would need 6 Windows licenses and 2 mobile.
That doesn't really fit in to any product from what I can see.

I could get 2 x Complete home packs for a total of 10 licenses. Then I have any future VM or devices covered.
I am open to the Business version as well as I presume it has an Admin Console where I can manage the other computers.

Any ideas?

icon

Best answer by WesB 9 November 2012, 16:08

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 3
Hi pox67, welcome to the community!  :D

Based on what you described, and especially since one of your machines is running a server OS, I would recommend our business product called SecureAnywhere Endpoint.  That would indeed include our web-based console, which will enable you to manage each machine from a single online portal. 

However, mobile coverage is not yet available with SecureAnywhere Endpoint, although it is coming in the very near future.  You could either use our free Android app in the meantime, then add mobile to your SecureAnywhere Endpoint license when it becomes available, or you could purchase separate Android licenses for the mobile devices.

You can get detailed pricing information, and place the order by contacting our business team at 1-800-870-8102.  Or if you would prefer, you can send me a private message with your contact info and I can have someone follow up with you directly ASAP. 

Thanks again for your inquiry, and we look forward to hearing from you!

-Wes B.
Consumer Sales
Thanks for the quick reply WesB.

Any idea how much a mobile device will cost to add to the Business package? 
Would it be the same price as a PC device?

I assume in the 5 seat Complete home pack that a mobile device takes up one of those seats?
Userlevel 3
Hi pox67!

Since mobile has not quite yet been added to SecureAnywhere Endpoint, pricing is still being determined.  My guess would be that it will be less expensive per seat than PCs, however I can't guarantee that at this point.  SecureAnywhere Endpoint mobile should be available within just a handful of days, so you will have that info very soon. 

With SecureAnywhere Complete, an Android device would utilize one of those seats.  However, since SecureAnywhere Complete is not supported on a server OS, SecureAnywhere Endpoint would be the better choice for your situation. 

If you would like, you could begin with a free trial of SecureAnywhere Endpoint, and use that for the next few days until mobile is added.  Then you could purchase for all of your devices at that time. 

I hope this info helps, and thanks again for contacting us!

Wes B.
Consumer Sales
Good idea WesB, thanks.

I tried the trial of WSA Complete on the Server 2012 Essentials machine and it worked fine.

I will take the Endpoint edition for a trial though and wait for mobile pricing.
Userlevel 7
Hello pox67, Welcome to the Webroot Community Forum. 😃
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello pox67 and Welcome to the Webroot Community Forums.  ;)

Cheers,

TH