Question about Windows 7 glitch. For second time we are getting error message from Windows on start

Userlevel 1
Hello from not-Techie Windows 7 user in Al.

Getting for second time error message after moving to e-mail check from Windows 7 Home : IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and lengthy tech message later in screen. Indicates possible problem with software updates, but message is confusing. IS this a possible nudge from Windows to download version 10??

Also indicates darta dump and saws contact admin. Windows message says it will check for problem and then message goes away with no resolution.

Help !

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi Gadragonlady

Welcome to the Community Forums.

There have been a number of occurrence of this general message and what we need to know is what comes after what you have posted, i.e., just after the IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, to be able to identify which particular one it relates to.

Also not quite clear as to what exactly you are asking for when you say "IS this a possible nudge from Windows to download version 10??".

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 1
Hi Baldrick and thanks for quick response.
Have been unable to screen print entire message but will  record if happens again.  Message states age at the bottom of screen :  "Technical : *** STOP: OxOOOOOOOA"  then string of three long numbers in Parentheses. Only seems to happen on Foxfire when attempting to access e-mail from Wildblue.net. The Excede / Wildblue e-mail is no longer supported by Google, so have to go to Foxfire to access.

Per WIndows download question, we have gotten numerous messages about downloading Windows 10 and several months ago, we were maxed out on data per portions of upgrade apparently loading with normal updates. Were were tols that it would make our PC more compatible when we actually made the switch ?We are not quite ready to move to next version, and have indicated "no thanks", but still get messages.

Thanks for help and will repost when get additional info.

Userlevel 7
Gadragonlady, you are most welcome. :D

In terms of the IRQL message with Firefox...there seems to be a number of sites with reports of this and some possibe solutions but most seem highly technical and I am not sure if they will help you unless you are that. In the circumstances I would suggest that you try uninstalling Firefox, rebooting your system & then installing the latest version from here (and only here):

US: https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/

UK: https://www.mozilla.org/en-GB/firefox/new/

In terms of the Windows 10 Update messages then please take a look at this previous thread which should provide the information on the techniques used by other Community Members.

Please do come back and let us know what the situation is with your issues and whether anything suggested has helped.

Regards, Baldrick

Userlevel 1
Baldrick ,

Went to control panel on computer and tried to open Windows Defender and got same error message with Windows. Remainder of Technical messsage at bottom as follows:
*** STOP: OxOOOOOOOA (OxOOOOOOOOOOOOOO88,OxOOOOOOOOOOOOOO02, OxOOOOOOOOOOOOOO01,OxFFFFF8OOo2A5CEE6). REboot clears problem.

Will try reload of Foxfire fro  link provided - Thanks.
Userlevel 7
Hi Gadragonlady

I have tried checking the technical message you just posted but am not finding anything as I suspect that you have not transcribed it correctly; I believe where you have used 'O' that shoucl in fact be '0' but also some of the codes are too long. Would you be able to double check this and repost a correct set of codes?

Also, when are you getting this issue? Is it at startup, shutdown or at some point between? If the latter then have you carried out any specific actions before it appears and if so what were they?

Apologies for all the questions but the answers may help.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 1
Hi Baldrick,

NO problem with questions - I appreciate the help.! Problem is happening at point in between . Pulling up Foxfire browser is  no problem, but trying to go to other links from there  seems to trigger. Will recheck code posted - very possible should be zero not O. Can't see previous screen from this text window, but will check

Also, Message from Control Panel on computer per Windows Update lists "error 80072EE2 as of Aug. 2", but when click on resolve this issue line, says error not found.  Did find a troubleshooting link at  Windows website " Resolving stop (blue screen) errors in Windows 7".  Recommendation was to do a System Restore as of last Windows update to resolve any possible software issues. Will try that also.

Thanks.
Userlevel 7
Hi Gadragonlady

In relation to the "error 80072EE2" please see this thread from the Microsoft Forums that may be of assistance.

Also please take a look at this previous thread from this Forum (particularly post #11 & specifically the last link/URL listed in the post). WHilst the thread refers to Vista the URL takes you to instructions that cover all verison of Windows.

This is worth taking a look as I ihave used the approach advised to successful get Windows 7-related updates running again on a friend's laptop.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 1
HI Baldrick,

Will definitely check out links - thank you. Good to know we are not alone in having issues!!. Have deleted and reinstalled Foxfire as well. Thanks so much - will see what happens next!

Enjoy your day - Gadragonlady

Userlevel 7
Hi Gadragonlady

You are most welcome...fingers crossed that the results will be positive. :D

I will certainly look to enjoy my evening (I am UK based...;)). You have a great end of weekend.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 1
Hi Baldrick,

Just wanted to thank you - link to error message for Windows was most helpful. Also reinstalled Foxfire just to be sure 😃 No issues since Sunday - Windows updates are installing automatically as before.

This Community rocks !
Gadragonlady
Userlevel 7
Hi Gadragonlady

You are most welcome. Glad to hear that all is wel and that we were able to help...as that is one of our key aims here in the Community. :D

All the best, Baldrick