And most of all when can i expect to get an email sent to my husbands email with the new keycode if that is the case?
Best answer by shorTcircuiT
You mention that the Key Code is listed on the box. As far as I know, that is only the situation for the Best Buy Subscription Software program. Your renewal will almost certainly go through tonight, and below are a few items to help explain the situation.
- You will not receive a new key code. Regardless of the type of subscription you have, Best Buy Subscription Software or billed directly through Webroot, or other, the key codes do not change when you renew. That is one of the advantages of renewing instead of purchasing a new copy: you do not have to change the key code or reinstall, or anything like that.
- Best Buy does not do 'live action' billing on the renewals. All renewals are processed in a daily batch. As you provided the credit card information last night, it would have been too late to be on last night's renewal batch. It will bill your card tonight and renew at that time.
- Even though it has not actually renewed, and your software is showing you that it is expired or at risk, you are still fully protected. There is a 30 day grace period built in that will keep your computer fully protected until that renewal does actually process. WSA will continue to update and protect you, even though it shows that it is expired.
- The key code that you have is the correct one: do not change it. If at any time in the future you have the need to reinstall the software please make sure that you download a fresh installer using the correct link: Best Buy Subscription Software copies DO use a different installer, and you can find that link below in my signature area.
- PLEASE NOTE: Even though you are fully protected by that grace period, that is ONLY as long as you do not uninstall the software. Until the renewal has actually been process by Best Buy tonight, and the renewal data received by Webroot, your key code will most likely NOT be accepted when attempting to install the software.