Solved

renewed my webroot and it still shows expired

• 21 December 2013
  • 12 replies

Userlevel 1
I renewed my webroot last night and have not recieved my confirmation email with what im guessing should be a new keycode?? i purchased my laptop and got the webroot with it that had the free trial and it expired yesterday so i clicked the box within the webroot file that said "Renew Now" and i entered all my payment info and recieved payment confirmation, but no email as of today.  is the keycode that came with the webroot not the correct one?  im not sure what is going on, but i really like this product and am in need of some answers as to why wouldnt the keycode that i entered originally that was on the box not work now??

And most of all when can i expect to get an email sent to my husbands email with the new keycode if that is the case?

Thank you.
Heather
icon

Best answer by shorTcircuiT 21 December 2013, 18:35

View original

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Hello and welcome tothe Webroot Community!

You mention that the Key Code is listed on the box.  As far as I know, that is only the situation for the Best Buy Subscription Software program.  Your renewal will almost certainly go through tonight, and below are a few items to help explain the situation.

• You will not receive a new key code.  Regardless of the type of subscription you have, Best Buy Subscription Software or billed directly through Webroot, or other, the key codes do not change when you renew.  That is one of the advantages of renewing instead of purchasing a new copy: you do not have to change the key code or reinstall, or anything like that.

• Best Buy does not do 'live action' billing on the renewals.  All renewals are processed in a daily batch.  As you provided the credit card information last night, it would have been too late to be on last night's renewal batch.  It will bill your card tonight and renew at that time.

• Even though it has not actually renewed, and your software is showing you that it is expired or at risk, you are still fully protected.  There is a 30 day grace period built in that will keep your computer fully protected until that renewal does actually process.  WSA will continue to update and protect you, even though it shows that it is expired.

• The key code that you have is the correct one: do not change it.  If at any time in the future you have the need to reinstall the software please make sure that you download a fresh installer using the correct link: Best Buy Subscription Software copies DO use a different installer, and you can find that link below in my signature area. 

• PLEASE NOTE: Even though you are fully protected by that grace period, that is ONLY as long as you do not uninstall the software.  Until the renewal has actually been process by Best Buy tonight, and the renewal data received by Webroot, your key code will most likely NOT be accepted when attempting to install the software.
If you have any questions, please call 1800-GEEK-SQUAD and ask for Computing Services.  They can verify what I have said and answer any other questions you may have.
Userlevel 1
OH!! Thank you soooo much. I will wait and check it tomorrow.  Thank you for all of your information.  You have put my mind at ease.

If for any reason I have a problem (hope not) I will check back with you tomorrow and I will also check back to let you know the status.

Thank you again, so much!!!

Heather
Userlevel 7
I will be here on and off tomorrow I am sure if you have any questions.  I am not a Webroot employee, so if there IS a problem still tomorrow, you will need to call the 800 number I mentioned, but I certainly do want to hear back that everything goes as I expect it should :)

Of course any other questions or problems you have, we have quite a few good people here on the Community and are always glad to help when we can!
I just renewed mine this morning and it still shows 9 days left in subscription. I received my confirmation email that it was renewed but it hasn't taken effect. Do I have to wait for those 9 days to go before the renewal will take effect?
I needed to uninstall webroot as we had problems in installing another software, but now when I try to reinstall it, it says the subscribtion expired.

We are a large company with more than 300 licenses, so what we need to do now?

Regards,
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
I needed to uninstall webroot as we had problems in installing another software, but now when I try to reinstall it, it says the subscribtion expired.

We are a large company with more than 300 licenses, so what we need to do now?

Regards,
If you PM me the keycode you are using then I can look that up and make sure the subscription is still active, and get you in touch with support if you still need help.
I bought a three PC key code back in July and clicked on the download and thought it was all good.  I used it on my daughters PC as well.  Now she has a virus and it looks as it never even downloaded.  So i checked mine and it says expired.  Please HELP!
I have the key code but have no idea to see if any have actually been used

Userlevel 7
Hello there ?, welcome to the Community!

Where did you purchase your copy of WSA?  Directly from Webroot?  From Best Buy?  From Ebay?

Have you attempted to log in or create the Account Console for your key code?
from amazon.  still no luck and PC getting infected
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello ?,

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

Sorry to hear you are having issues.

May I suggest that you contact support and they will gladly assist in this matter. This is a free service with an active subscription.

Support Number: 1-866-612-4227
Support Ticket: https://detail.webrootanywhere.com/servicewelcome.asp

Hope this helps,

Kind Regards

Hello, I’ve been trying to get help for over a week, hopefully someone can help me. 

My subscription with Webroot AntiVirus was automatically renewed and my credit card was charged for the annual renewal of coverage on 1/21/2021. However, on the email receipt I was given  the same Keycode I currently have, which is odd to me. The most concerning  issue,   is that my account status with Webroot says “subscription expired!”  I also get “inactive Keycode” when I reentered  the code.  So, do  I have virus protection on my home computer or not? It’s been almost two months since I paid to renew, and I’ve come to a dead end on any help I’ve reached out for ….totally frustrated!