Solved

renewed or not renewed that is the question

• 6 November 2013
  • 7 replies

I renewed online for the first time. It still says that I have 3 days to renew. Does it not know that I already paid? I sure hope I don't have interuption as I am in the middle of several college papers and projects!!! stressed.
icon

Best answer by MikeR 6 November 2013, 02:17

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @sbgregory45 and Welcome to the Webroot Community!

Sorry you are having issues maybe call Webroot support during the week and they can help you: https://www.webroot.com/us/en/support/contact

Thanks,

Badge

HELP!  I have been dealing with support for over two weeks.  I tried to renew my subscription and had so much trouble I canceled it and tried to take Webroot off my computer. It was impossible.  Even Geek Squad could not remove it!  So, I paid $100 to renew my Webroot thinking I would be stuck and had to use it.  The charge has gone through and the darned software still says I am at risk.  It is all in red.  Not green.  I still have a “you must renew” notice.  l have tried multiple times to get answers either on the phone (rude customer service) or via emailing support.  No help.  They send me key codes that don’t work.  I am about to go crazy with this.,  Webroot is the worst.  Or is it me?

Thank you for the information!
Userlevel 7
Would you mind Sending me Your Keycode so that I can investigate this a bit further?
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
It was a few days ago. I believe it was from email attachment....it was packaged together with my Geek Squad (Best Buy) renewal.
Awesome!  (That is exactly what I thought).  You see, Best Buy does the billing automatically, in batches according to the renewal due date not in 'live time' when you provide your payment information.  If you have 3 days left now, it will show 0 days remaining on 11/8/2013 with the renewal due on 11/9/2013.  At some point, usually shortly after midnight, on 11/9/2013 your card will be charged.  (When your software says 0 days remaining on the 8th, it is actually not due to expire until 11:59:59 PM on 11/8/2013.)

When you wake up on the 9th, and turn on your computer, your renewal will probably be already complete, although it may take up to 24 hours after for the software to actually show the new expiration date.  No worries though about a few hours of no protection, it WON'T happen: that is taken into consideration and so even if the software shows expired you will still be protected under a renewal grace period.  (Just in case finalizing the renewal is delayed for any reason.)

I hope this helps ease your mind... you are fine and so is your software.  The renewal process is working exactly as designed.

EDITED simply because I accidentally typed 2014 instead of 2013 in a couple places.  Been a long day 🙂
It was a few days ago. I believe it was from email attachment....it was packaged together with my Geek Squad (Best Buy) renewal.
Userlevel 7
Hello mjkaseman and welcome to the Webroot Community!

I hope you do not mind me asking, but where did you renew?  Was it as at a Webroot site or a different site?