Solved

Roblox issue

• 29 June 2022
  • 4 replies

Today I was able to play a Roblox Game when Roblox began to update. During the update, Webroot popped up and asked me if I should block, allow or always allow. I clicked block and now everytime I start Roblox, this message will appear:

“Failed to download or apply critical settings, please check your internet connection. Error info: HttpError: ConnectFail”

I’ve searched up every method on how to fix this problem with Webroot blocking a certain file in Roblox and none of them solved my problem. I went to Application Protection and unblocked 5 Roblox files, the problem wasn’t solved. I went to Control Active Processes and the Roblox file was allowed, but the problem still wasn’t solved.

I even reinstalled Roblox and the problem still wasn’t solved.

The only thing I could do is disable Webroot to play Roblox.

How do I solve this problem so Webroot can still be up while I play Roblox?

icon

Best answer by TripleHelix 30 June 2022, 04:41

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

I’m using a physical copy of Webroot tho. I even share the code to my family members so they can install Webroot onto their devices. Should I skip this step or no? I didn’t even create an account on carbonite in the first place.

Yes you can ignore that part!

I’m using a physical copy of Webroot tho. I even share the code to my family members so they can install Webroot onto their devices. Should I skip this step or no? I didn’t even create an account on carbonite in the first place.

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

@Tubbybloxian Definitely follow triplehelix instructions and make sure to DO NOT import any old settings when you install and it asks if you would like to keep any old settings. 

You don’t HAVE to do safe mode, but its recommended. 

If you would like this taken care of by our support team they would be happy to do this for you

https://www.webroot.com/us/en/support/contact

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @Tubbybloxian 

Sounds like a Firewall block and the easiest way to fix it is to do a clean reinstall of WSA to be sure.

Please follow the steps closely!

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • Be sure you add your Keycode to your Online Console: Webroot SecureAnywhere Online Console
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Geek Squad Subscription PC users click HERE) Let us know if it is the Mac version you need
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Go into Safe Mode and Delete these Folders if they are there!
  • C:\Program Files\Webroot Folder
  • C:\ProgramData\WRData Folder (Hidden Folder)
  • C:\ProgramData\WRCore Folder (Hidden Folder)
  • Boot back into normal mode
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
  • DO NOT import any old settings as you can set it up as you like once it's done

Info in case you don’t know how to go into Safe Mode: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/start-your-pc-in-safe-mode-in-windows-10-92c27cff-db89-8644-1ce4-b3e5e56fe234

Please let us know if that resolves your issue?

Thanks,