Run DLL

• 2 November 2014
  • 3 replies

Every time I start up I get 3 Run DLL messages. They all say the same thing and at the end they say module could not be found. I've searched for a solution and most say open task scheduler library and delete background. I've found the library but there is no background.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Hello there, welcome to the Webroot Community!

The messages you are seeing are the result of a program(s) that were not quite correctly removed.  Even though the program itself is gone, there are still pointers to it in the bootup process.  This incomlete removal may have been something that you uninstalled using the normally correct method(s), but I think more likely it was something that was caught by your AV or antimalware software.

It would help a bit to know exactly what files are being reported as missing.  Does the error message state the file name(s)?
Userlevel 7
Hi b_lapuzza

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Have read this thread with interest and, if I may, David, would chance my arm and ask (i) if you use Firefox as one of your browsers, or even as just your one browser, and (ii) if the message you are getting looks like or similar to:

Run DLL

Getting error message: "Run DLL" There was a problem starting. C:users/youruserernameAppDataLocalConduitBackgroundContainerBackgroundContainer.dll

The specified module could not be found

If that is the case then it sounds that WSA may have removed amalware or a Potential Unwanted Application (PUA) but for some reason a registry key that is used to run the DLL file in question on startup, so as David has pointed out we need more information.

Now this is speculative, and you should not be concerned if you have not had WSA warn of and/or detect and remove threats recently.  But if that is not the case and WSA has done son then please advise back to that effect as what I have given as and example could mean that you should Open a Support Ticket so that the Support Team can investigate further for you.

As I said, no need for concern, but it would be great if you would advise back here as soon as yo are able.

Regards, Baldrick

The specified module could not be found.
Userlevel 7
Great minds think alike my good friend 🙂  I was thinking of a PUA myself!  I was fishing a little bit to see what PUA it was :)

P.S.  The link for the trouble ticket was missing.     😉