Solved

Safe site indicator in search function

• 31 May 2019
  • 5 replies

Badge +1
Hi

I am using Google as my default search engine. When searching on previous occasions
WebrootSecureAnywhere used to indicate whether a site was safe by a green arrow/green circle
at the front of (in most cases) of each result of a completed search.

Mine does not now display as previously. Is it a Google or WebrootSecureAnywhere problem ?
Any advice/assistance would be appreciated.

WebrootSecureAnywhere Version 9.0.24.49

Noel Southam
Mitchie1947
icon

Best answer by TripleHelix 4 June 2019, 01:57

View original

5 replies

Hi Noel.

I'm really sorry to see you've had no reply on this one 😥.

As I said earlier today on Wilders, as you're still encountering this problem the best solution is to directly contact Support. They will sort this out for you.

Please note that, if you choose to open a ticket rather than phone, you should wait for an answer before responding as if you send a second message, the fact of doing that puts your ticket back to the end of the queue (silly, I know, but that's how it is—unless things have changed since last time I checked)
Userlevel 7
Badge +36
Your best bet is to contact support, as Muddy7 touched on. We would need to troubleshoot first to see what's causing it to not display, so then we can fix it for you.
Badge +1
Muddy7 and LLiddell

Many thanks for your response to my submission. It is appreciatedand
my apologies if I appeared terse in my comments here and at Wilders.

I have submitted a ticket with Support and see if they can assist.

Regards

Noel Southam
Mitchie 1947
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
Muddy7 and LLiddell

Many thanks for your response to my submission. It is appreciatedand
my apologies if I appeared terse in my comments here and at Wilders.

I have submitted a ticket with Support and see if they can assist.

Regards

Noel Southam
Mitchie 1947

@mitchie1947 I would try a clean reinstall of WSA as in most cases it will fix these type of issues!

Please follow the steps closely!

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • Be sure you add your Keycode to your Online Console: Webroot SecureAnywhere Online Console
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Geek Squad Subscription PC users click HERE) Let us know if it is the Mac version you need
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode and DO NOT import any old settings as you can set it up as you like once it's done
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
Please let us know if that resolves your issue?

Thanks,
Badge +1
Hi Daniel

Many thanks for your response and suggestion.
I uninstalled and reinstalled SecureAnywhere but the problem persisted.
Further investigation provided the solution.
The use of fftbfix.exe and toolbarfix.exe corrected the problem in Chrome and Waterfox
I have it working on a newly installed Firefox.

Again thanks for your input. Appreciated. My request for assistance can now be
marked as resolved.

Noel Southam
Mitchie1947