Solved

searching indexing was turned off.

• 12 February 2020
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Getting a message searching indexing was turned off.  Not sure what to do.

Do I choose File Settings: Index  encrypted files or treat similar words with

diacritics as different words. Rebuild. Index location -current location-new location.

icon

Best answer by TripleHelix 13 February 2020, 21:26

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

@et47 ,

I’m a bit confused by the wording in your message. I reached out to Support and they’re also not completely sure what you’re asking here.

Is this a Webroot related issue or a more general tech question? Some clarification would be appreciated.

If you believe it’s a Webroot issue, I recommend you reach out to our support team via phone or email here: https://www.webroot.com/us/en/support/home-contact

Please allow up to 48 hours for them to respond to any ticket. Do not send more than one ticket.

Thanks!

-Keenan

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @et47 have a look at this to see if it will help: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-indexing-was-turned-off/fcd20b21-c31f-41e7-91e7-8a35ec0433c6?auth=1

Thanks,

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Thank you for your feedback.  Yes , this is my problem. Windows setting update reads your computer is missing important security & quality fixes.  Tried to update six times between January & May.  Failed.  Researched update KB4549951. Read microsoft  was conducting experimental updates unbeknown to users.  Claim is update is so unstable users report frequent crashes including blue screen of death.  There was no change to monthly security updates.   I am lucky it failed.

The instructions for fixing search indexing is for update Windows 10 Version 2004 which microsoft is only offering to certain devices.  My update settings read feature update to Windows 10 Version 2004 is on its way.  Once it’s ready for your device, you will see update available on this page.

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @et47 

You can get Build 2004 now from here if you wish? https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

HTH,

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Update went smoothly.  Took six hours.  No need for further action.  All services running.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Update went smoothly.  Took six hours.  No need for further action.  All services running.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Six hours? WoW that’s alongtime… Did you update via Windows Update or by downloading the ISO file from Microsoft? I think it took me just over a hour using the downloaded ISO file.

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

ISO file.

Okay so, this problem occurred about 2-3 days ago, at first I thought a reboot should fix it, but it didn’t. I’ve tried rebooting my computer a lot of times at leach each day since. 
Problem: Whenever I click the search or “magnifier” logo in between of the windows logo and cortana (which doesn’t work as well.), It loads up for a few seconds, but then it just disappears without me having the chance to type anything in or search for anything.

I’ve tried all I can do, I don’t really know very much about computers so I just did the things I can do without having to do something relating to the stuff that might damage my computer.

What should I do?