Secure Anywhere Glitch?

• 1 November 2013
  • 2 replies

I didn't know this community existed and I am glad to be part of it.

My account was recently automatically updated with the new Secure Anywhere software and very soon thereafter I began receiving warnings from Webroot of "threats detected, malicious content" where my options were to allow with caution or close, thereby shutting down my webpage. These warnings came to sites that I frequented and were benign such as Yahoo, Yahoo Sports, and even my inbox. I had never before received these and they came faster and faster. The ultimate fix was to uninstall and the reinstall my software and so far no problems.

I want to make it clear that the Webroot Technical Support Team were very helpful and accomodating and addressed my issued in a timely manner and that so far the problem seems to have been fixed.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello joeyinthesky and Welcome to the Webroot Community Forums!

Can you give us alittle more information as to the Upgrade are you saying from WSA 2013 to the New 2014 or were you a user of Prevx?

For now it's the best way to get Websites unblocked is through the Support Channel and if you got the New 2014 Web Shield you can go here and request a change as the New Web Shield uses BrightCloud with other technologies to determine Good & Bad Websites. And to know if you have the new Web Shield IE, Firefox & Chrome will ask to install the Webroot Web Filtering Extensions.

HTH,

Daniel
Userlevel 7
Hello joeyinthesky, Welcome to the Webroot Community Forum. 😃