Solved

SecureAnywhere appears to be infected

• 27 July 2019
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2
I have started getting a message on my Android Phone "Security threat SecureAnywhere appears to be infected. Immediate uninstallation is advised Ignore Uninstall"

I have tried running scan, no threats found.
icon

Best answer by Ssherjj 27 July 2019, 04:51

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello @druggist ,

Please Submit a Support Ticket and let them know. I'm pretty sure this is a false positive. Someone else I believe it was @smith2006 had this issue that they posted here on the Forum a couple of days ago I think...I would hit "ignore"

Anyways let us know how it goes when you have a chance.
Userlevel 1
Badge +2
Reply from Webroot

Hello,

There is currently a false positive with Avast, where they are detecting our antivirus as an infection. We are in the process of having this resolved with Avast.

A version of Avast's antivirus is inbuilt into the Android version that Huawei uses, you can safely ignore this detection from Avast.

Regards,
Webroot Advanced Malware Removal Team
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Reply from Webroot

Hello,

There is currently a false positive with Avast, where they are detecting our antivirus as an infection. We are in the process of having this resolved with Avast.

A version of Avast's antivirus is inbuilt into the Android version that Huawei uses, you can safely ignore this detection from Avast.

Regards,
Webroot Advanced Malware Removal Team

Thank you so much @druggist for updating us on this issue. This will help others tremendously!

Have a great night!😊