Solved

Security

• 2 August 2019
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3
Does Webroot automatically protect me on all search engines or must I inform them of what new ones I use?
icon

Best answer by TripleHelix 5 August 2019, 22:03

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +36
So it more so depends on which browser you're using, as there's an extension that identifies risky sites found by the search engine. Which search engines do you use?
Userlevel 1
Badge +3
Been using Chrome, but am considering duckduckgo.
Userlevel 7
Badge +36
Chrome, yes we do have an extension for although that's the browser. Google would be the search engine and we do work with Google. Duckduckgo, I'm not sure but I don't believe so.
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
Chrome, yes we do have an extension for although that's the browser. Google would be the search engine and we do work with Google. Duckduckgo, I'm not sure but I don't believe so.
Right only Google, Bing and Yahoo search engines are supported as far as I know unless things have changed recently.....Duckduckgo is a very private search engine https://duckduckgo.com/about
Userlevel 1
Badge +3
Thanks loads! I am not liking some of what has been reported lately about Google/Chrome, but do need to keep my PC and phone "safe". I sure appreciate the quick response.
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
Thanks loads! I am not liking some of what has been reported lately about Google/Chrome, but do need to keep my PC and phone "safe". I sure appreciate the quick response.
Sure thing when you open the Chrome Browser on your PC have a look at the Webroot Icon down near the system clock and you should see a little yellow padlock on it so that will tell you your Browser is being Protected by the Identity Shield: https://docs.webroot.com/us/en/home/wsa_pc_userguide/wsa_pc_userguide.htm#UsingIdentityProtection/ManagingIdentityProtection.htm%3FTocPath%3DUsing%2520Identity%2520Protection%7C_____1

HTH,
Badge

Why do I not have Webroot Security when I am paid up until March2020?