should my windows security center service be turned on or off?

• 21 September 2016
  • 7 replies

Hi, Im not so good with computer security. A friend recomended webroot. I hope with time I can get a handle on this shortcoming! lol. Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated.
Im not sur about turning on my computers window security center, I have a P7-1234 HP with windows7 Thanks

Chip

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi Chip,

Welcome to the Community :D

Even if you are not a computer security expert, you should have no worries, cause Webroot is a really great piece of security software which offers an advanced protection level of your computer resources and data with a user-friendly menu and transparent, easy to understand settings.

Could you tell us what you do mean by "turning on my computers window security center"?

Please have no worries to ask any further questions, you can always count on the Community members help :D

Best regards,

Mike
Hi Chip,

Welcome to the Webroot Community.

Edit: I see Miquell has already answered you. 🙂 I will leave this here for reference. ;)

If I'm not mistaken, "Windows Security Center" was replaced in Windows 7 with "Windows Action Center". Windows Action Center alerts you to problems with Windows, including problems other than security, so I would leave this on.

If you are referring to Windows Defender, Mircosoft's built-in AV software, then this is disabled automatically when you install Webroot. You will not need it as Webroot does a far better job in protecting your PC.

Hope this info helps. Don't hesitate to ask if you still have more questions. :)
BD
Hi Mike, I have an (important message) window in my action center.
It says that my windows security center service is turned off.
when I clicked it for info, it says there is no anti-virus installed on my pc. I thought this webroot I have had anti-virus. lol

chip
if Im not protected by anti virus software, is there an add-on or one you recomend? thanks Mike

got it handled, Thank You for your help and comments.
@ wrote:
if Im not protected by anti virus software, is there an add-on or one you recomend? thanks Mike

Hi Chip,

You are protected with Webroot, no other antivirus needed. Sometimes Windows can throw this error erroneously. If you happen to get this notice again then I would recommend an uninstall/ clean reinstall as this should remedy the situation.

Please follow the steps closely!

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • If you haven't already, be sure you add your Keycode to your Online Console: Webroot SecureAnywhere Online Console
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Subscription PC users click HERE) Let us know if it is the Mac version you need.
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode and do NOT import any settings if offered by the installer as you can set it up as you like once it's done
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
Hope this info helps,
BD

Userlevel 7
Well Chip, we're glad that you resolved the problem :D

I didn't notice this issue since I've got Windows 10 onboard, however when any kind of trouble appears the first step is to reboot your machine and if it doesn't work reinstalling WSA usually shoud resolve it, just as BD has mentioned above.

Regards,

Mike