Solved

Something blocking access to secure sites?

• 21 July 2022
  • 1 reply

Something on my laptop is blocking my access to certain secure sites including my Webroot Secure Anywhere account and my Yahoo email.  I’m able to access those sites using other devices that are NOT protected by Webroot.   Already cleared Cache and Cookies.  Tried disabling firewall and Indentity protection.  What else can I try?

icon

Best answer by TripleHelix 21 July 2022, 19:49

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @rfrank 

This sounds very odd so lets try a clean reinstall of WSA first!

Please follow the steps closely!

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • Be sure you add your Keycode to your Online Console: Webroot SecureAnywhere Online Console
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Geek Squad Subscription PC users click HERE) Let us know if it is the Mac version you need
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Go into Safe Mode and Delete these Folders if they are there!
  • C:\Program Files\Webroot Folder
  • C:\ProgramData\WRData Folder (Hidden Folder)
  • C:\ProgramData\WRCore Folder (Hidden Folder)
  • Boot back into normal mode
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
  • DO NOT import any old settings as you can set it up as you like once it's done

Info in case you don’t know how to go into Safe Mode: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/start-your-pc-in-safe-mode-in-windows-10-92c27cff-db89-8644-1ce4-b3e5e56fe234

Please let us know if that resolves your issue?

Thanks,