Solved

Tekwire

• 27 December 2020
  • 1 reply

Yesterday I tried to install my webroot I got with a new computer from best buy.  I got an error message that said code was correct but something was preventing webroot from installing … gave me a number to call. I called number and speak to tech, he says that my settings in my network were set to public and i had 31 devices connecting. He had me click on the support box on the webroot screen and I allowed him access to computer to fix the problem. It was my understanding this was a webroot tech… but when he was done and my webroot was installed he wanted to sell me this firewall protection and lifetime webroot subscription and that he worked for a company that was called Tekwire.  Said I didn’t have to pay anything right now and am supposed to decide today?  I have no idea what is happening.   Anyone heard of this ? 

icon

Best answer by TripleHelix 31 December 2020, 17:04

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @DaveBandi 

I’m not sure about Tekwire as I haven’t heard of them but Webroot has Free Support so no need to use anyone else! So make sure Webroot Support checks your system to see if Tekwire did something bad on your setups? Also Webroot has a builtin Firewall!

https://www.webroot.com/us/en/support/contact

Thanks,