Solved

Temporary removal of WRkrn filter driver?

• 27 February 2019
  • 6 replies

Badge +1
I need to run a quick test on my development system. Is there a switch in the Registry I can implement that will disable webroot for a boot cycle?

I have a set of development tools that generate 1000s of files rather quickly. It is a rather large compile operation. It seems to run fairly well the first time, but if I attempt to run it again , it is slightly slower , then slower , then a 4 minute compile becomes 16 minutes.
Obviously this is unacceptable.
I believe I have the paths appropriately set on the web portal for exclusion.

I have two systems side by side, one with and one without Webroot. If I could just disable it for a second I could initiate a quick test to see if it is a problem or not.
icon

Best answer by TripleHelix 28 February 2019, 17:27

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +63
Hello @Anthony Marchini and Welcome to the Webroot Community!

Instead of doing all that are you able to uninstall your copy of WSA? If you can just Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX then reinstall after your done as it only takes a few minutes?

Just in case:

Please follow the steps closely!

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • Be sure you add your Keycode to your Online Console: Webroot SecureAnywhere Online Console
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Geek Squad Subscription PC users click HERE) Let us know if it is the Mac version you need
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode and DO NOT import any old settings as you can set it up as you like once it's done
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
Please let us know if that resolves your issue?

Thanks,
Badge +1
The software is installed by the domain , It would actually be easier to disable the software temporarily as opposed to uninstalling it.

I guess i should add that attempting to uninstall it I am told that it is managed by the web and can't.
Badge +1
Now I am wondering if the web interface can disable it remotely.
Badge +1
Ok, I used the web portal to disable webroot.
Without it I was able to execute 4 consecutive builds in 3 minutes or less.

So webroot is definitely slowing down my builds.

I don't expect any resolution to this. I have a machine that is not "in the wild" so to speak that will not have it installed so I can do my work.
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
The best thing then is to Submit a Support Ticket and talk to them and they can help you sort this out as they did for many other users with the same type of issues. You can call also if you like: https://www.webroot.com/us/en/business/support/contact

Thanks,
Badge +1
I did set up a ticket, but because of some kind of bug in the website, every time I log in and click on the support page, I get sent to a login , which then redirects me to the secure anywhere console, if I click again, I get the login.

I am already logged in, I don't understand why i should go from my login console to a login prompt only to end up at my login console.