Solved

Update Settings

• 29 July 2019
  • 7 replies

Badge +1
I have been updating my settings but I have a message that my settings are being managed by the Web Console. What does this mean?
icon

Best answer by TripleHelix 31 July 2019, 16:32

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +63
Hello @PeterShe and Welcome to the Webroot Community!

May I ask where you purchased your copy of Webroot SecureAnywhere? Would it be from a reseller or MSP provider, Online, Boxed version and do you have your Online Account setup if it's not from an MSP Reseller? Have a look here if you have your online account setup to see your settings: https://docs.webroot.com/us/en/home/wsa_website_userguide/wsa_managementwebsite_userguide.htm#UsingPCSecurity/EditingPCSecuritySettings.htm%3FTocPath%3DUsing%2520PC%2520Security%7C_____3

Please let us know! I have mine all set to User Configuration.

Select from these options:
  • User Configuration — Security settings are controlled by the main interface on the computer.
  • Low — All heuristics are set to Low. This is limited protection, which might be convenient for software developers and highly technical users who run beta versions of software and don't want those applications being blocked.
  • Medium — Heuristics are set to our recommended combination of Low, Medium, and High. This setting is for normal, daily use.
  • High — All heuristics are set to High. Only use this setting if you suspect the PC is at risk. This setting results in a high number of alerts, which may block legitimate programs as well as malware.
  • Maximum — Most heuristics are set to Maximum. Only use this setting if you suspect the PC is infected. This setting results in a high number of alerts, which may block legitimate programs as well as malware.

Thanks,
Badge +1
Hi TripleHelex,
Thanks for the reply
I have had the computer for many years. I originally installed Webroot on both the desktop and a laptop (purchased a 3 machine licence). I updated this licence once on both computers.
About 18 months ago I had some problems with my computer and had a third party remotely repair it and also updated my Webroot subscription on both machines. hey are currently COMPLETE products running version 9.0.26.61
When I login into the Webroot web site now I only see the two old versions of Webroot both expired. There is no record of my current licence. It has 72 days left as shown on the front page. When it is due I will renew it myself this time.

I am not sure where the User Configuration that you refer to is located. Mine are all manually selected under the Advanced Settings page.

Regards,
PeterShe
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
You have to add the new Keycode to the Online Console and delete the old systems first! https://docs.webroot.com/us/en/home/wsa_website_userguide/wsa_managementwebsite_userguide.htm#ManagingYourAccount/AddingDevicesWithDifferentKeycodes.htm%3FTocPath%3DManaging%2520Your%2520Account%7C_____1

1. From the main menu, click the Keycodes tab.

1. SecureAnywhere displays the Manage Keycodes panel.

1. Click the Add Product Keycode button

1. In the next panel, enter the new code and click Add.
  2. SecureAnywhere verifies the code.
  3. Run a scan on the device.
  4. When the scan completes, it reports its status to the website.
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
To find User Configuration just follow these steps: https://docs.webroot.com/us/en/home/wsa_website_userguide/wsa_managementwebsite_userguide.htm#UsingPCSecurity/EditingPCSecuritySettings.htm%3FTocPath%3DUsing%2520PC%2520Security%7C_____3

When you see the page below just Click on the PC or Mac to make changes!

Userlevel 7
Badge +63
If you don't have a new Keycode look here within the WSA UI under My Account to see it: https://docs.webroot.com/us/en/home/wsa_pc_userguide/wsa_pc_userguide.htm#UsingYourAccount/ActivatingKeycodes.htm%3FTocPath%3DUsing%2520Your%2520Account%7C_____2
Badge +1
Hi TripleHelex,
My home page does not look like yours. This is a capture of it complete with Keycode and subscription time remaining.

Regards,
PeterShe

~snip Removed the picture as it shows your Keycode snip~
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
Hi TripleHelex,
My home page does not look like yours. This is a capture of it complete with Keycode and subscription time remaining.

Regards,
PeterShe

~snip Removed the picture as it shows your Keycode snip~

Yes as the User Guide shows you the Business Endpoint version and I see in the picture you posted your Keycode is there so try to add that to the Online Console! Please be careful not to post your Keycode in Public as some will try to use it. Here is a Picture of mine.

Thanks,