Solved

webroot

• 26 August 2019
  • 2 replies

Badge
Every time I turn computer on I have a pop up telling me my Webroot is disabled and I turn it back on but it keeps happening! I was told by a customer service guy to run scan but I have done that and it still keeps happening. what should I do next?
icon

Best answer by ProTruckDriver 26 August 2019, 15:49

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Hello @caseyh Welcome to the Webroot Community Forum.

To correct the problem you are having please try a Uninstall / Clean Install.

Please follow the steps closely!

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • Be sure you add your Keycode to your Online Console: Webroot SecureAnywhere Online Console
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Geek Squad Subscription PC users click HERE) Let us know if it is the Mac version you need
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode and DO NOT import any old settings as you can set it up as you like once it's done
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
If the Clean Install did not solve the problem Please submit a Support Ticket or Contact Webroot Support to sort this problem. This service is FREE with a Paid Subscription.
Support Ticket System is Open 24/7

Note: When submitting a Support Ticket, Please wait for a response from Support. Putting in another Support Ticket on this problem before Support responses will put your first Support Ticket at the end of the queue.

HTH,
Dave.
Userlevel 7
Badge +28
Welcome to the Webroot Community @caseyh!

Are you on a Mac? I ask because I was using Webroot on my Mac at work and it kept losing the keycode. This kept turning off the protection leaving the Webroot icon grey. FYI, I'm a business customer, so I was administering Webroot to both PC and Mac on my company's network. However, I contacted support and they were unable to find a solution. I gave up on the Mac version, but that was a few years ago. Maybe support has figured out a fix for this now. I suggest you follow @ProTruckDriver's suggestion and contact support if needed.

Good Luck,
NicCrockett