Webroot and existing AV already installed

• 10 June 2015
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 3
Hello.
I am just about to install my trial version of Webroot SecureAnywhere Complete.
I have been using Norton for years (actually NIS), but I am no more happy with it. Last year I tried Bitdefender and Kaspersky, but I had some problems with them, so I stuck with Norton.
All these AV's are incompatible with each other and require careful uninstallation of the competing product before installing.
I am thus surprised that WSA doesn't care about the presence of other AV programs and that you don't recommend uninstalling other 3rd party security programs. Isn't it?
Even if WSA is compatible with them, what is the purpose of having 2 (or more?!) AV programs installed?
In any case, given that I intend to use only one AV, possibly WSA, if it will confirm to be light but nevertheless effective, as you claim, what is the best way to proceed? Install WSA and uninstall NIS later or vice versa?
Thanks to whom of you may help.
Best regards,
--- Glauco

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello @,

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

My advice would be to uninstall Norton and then install WSAC. If you have troubles uninstalling Norton there is a Removal Tool available.
Norton Removal Tool  Downloads and Uses Page
  • The Norton removal tool is actually a set of different tools for a variety of Symantec/Norton software.  
Maybe @ has more advice?

Hope this helps,

Kind Regards,
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello and Welcome to the Webroot Community!

And for many other AV's here is a list of tools to download to remove any other old ones that you might of used: https://community.webroot.com/t5/Techie/Software-Removal-Tools/td-p/27608

Thanks,

Daniel 😉