Solved

Webroot and Malwarebyte Premium

• 20 August 2022
  • 2 replies

I have Webroot with Geek Squad as they only sponsor Webroot and Trend Micro.I also have Malwarebyte Premium.I have a computer and several years back Geek Squad informed me that they do not sponsor Malwarebyte  and it was removed from my computer.I get 3 devices with the Webroot package from Best Buy or Geek Squad.I kept the Webroot on both of my smartphones with the Malwarebyte Premium.My Lg X Charge is getting too old to update so I am going to recycle it.I also have a very Cheap Free Government phone with Assurance Wireless it is a UMX U693CL.This phone has little Memory and very slow upload and download times.I was planning on canceling the Malwarebyte Premium to clear up some space with the memory.However Webroot recently updated the Android App.The new App is basically just the Google Chrome Browser with a scan.The scan is very fast yet it does not show what it is scanning or the results of the scan.The new App also has no Dashboard to show if my shields are on or anything at all.It also has a Google Chrome Scanner that can be turned off or on but that is it.It also does not have a way to actually run the scanner and see the results.Since I have Malwarebyte Premium I turned the Webroot Google Chrome Scanner off and let the Malwarebyte Premium do All the Scanning.Both Plans are up for Renewal Next Month.I am not very tech savvy so I am keeping The Geek Squad Plan.I can Keep the Webroot or Switch to Trend Micro with the Geek Squad Plan.The Webroot is working well on my Computer so I am thinking about sticking with the Webroot unless there is a good reason to switch to Trend Micro?I also do not know if now I should Keep the Malwarebyte Premium for my UMX U693CL Smartphone or let the new Webroot App run without the Malwarebyte Premium and Turn the Google Chrome Scanner Back on?If I do get rid of the Malwarebyte Premium how do I know if I have Malware or a problem when the new App has no Dashboard nor does it show what is being scanned or the results of the scan.I do understand this is ultimately my decision however as I am not very  Tech Savvy I have not been able to make a decision and I am starting to run out of Time on the Malwarebyte Premium as it has an automatic renewal September the 12th so If I decide to Cancel The Malwarebyte Premium I will need to cancel the Automatic Renewal soon.I can say that the Malwarebyte Premium is working Well I just do not know if I should be running both the Webroot Android App and Malwarebyte Premium on such a Cheap Very Slow Low Memory Free Government Phone?Also If I should Switch My Computer and Smartphone from Webroot to Trend Micro with My Geek Squad Plan?From Andy Vance I hope someone knows more about these subjects than I do?    

icon

Best answer by TripleHelix 20 August 2022, 00:47

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @AndyVance 

I have Malwarebyte’s free version just in case I need a second opinion but it never found anything but it’s nice to have. WSA can handle all Malware so your good to go. Also if you have any Malware issues Geek Squad and or Webroot Support will help you clean up your system free of charge with a paid subscription.

HTH,

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hello @AndyVance 

I have Malwarebyte’s free version just in case I need a second opinion but it never found anything but it’s nice to have. WSA can handle all Malware so your good to go. Also if you have any Malware issues Geek Squad and or Webroot Support will help you clean up your system free of charge with a paid subscription.

HTH,

@TripleHelix  I agree with you that WSA handle all Malware, and since we have adopted it across our customer base, we have never had the need to even do the free version of anything.