Solved

Webroot and Torguard No Bueno It Seems

• 10 October 2021
  • 5 replies

Webroot and Torguard will not work together at all. Torguard keeps blaming Weboot  but I fail to understand why 2 legitimate programs (I have licenses for both) refuse to work together. 

I just did a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro and loaded Webroot. I then installed Torguard which refused to connect. Disabling Webroot made Torguard work perfectly. I right now have both up but disabled Webroot, connected Torguard the re-enabled Webroot.

Is there a solution to this problem? I whitelisted Torguard, but that was no help.

It just seems completely screwed up that two security programs which perform 2 different functions won’t work together normally.

icon

Best answer by TripleHelix 21 October 2021, 17:02

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +25

While its may seem like they should just ignore each other, obviously Torguard is making changes that Webroot thinks looks like a virus or hijacking of the network.. I have not used Torguard, but I have tried using multiple security programs at the same time, and quite often, the results are not what is expected. 

I was reading about VPN and Webroot on this site, and they have some ideas worth trying. My educated guess is that webroot sees the switch to VPN from regular traffic as a hijack of the network, since it redirects the output.  Have a look here: https://windowsreport.com/vpn-blocked-webroot/

I am curious, can you disable Webroot, start your VPN, and then renewable Webroot? Does that work? I know, a pain, but might be the easiest workaround. Perhaps if Webroot is enabled after the VPN is connected, it will not look like a hijack? Worth a try. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

I Use IVPN and have no issues.

Userlevel 7
Badge +25

His TripleHelix

His problem was not “just using VPN” but in using Torguard VPN on Windows 10. I also use three different VPN services with no Webroot issues, but I have not tired Torguard, and there are posts in other places that have also complained that Webroot was stopping the VPN connection.

I have seen VPN services on Windows that “yank” the driver out from under the network adapter and replace their own, and I am quite sure, Webroot would complain with something like that. Again, I do not know what Torguard does as I have not tried it, but Webroot does not seem to like it on Windows 10.

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

@MajorHavoc  Agreed but @The_Dog should contact Webroot Support Directly to get help.

Webroot Support:

Submit a ticket

Call 1-866-612-4227 Mon - Fri 7 AM to 7 PM (MDT)

Thanks,

Userlevel 7
Badge +25

Agreed