Solved

Webroot AntiVirus for 270 days for free?

• 15 October 2013
  • 6 replies

I want to know about the moderators or Webroot what to think of this action. I relied on that it is an action of Webroot and this enabled with the key, also ran today and then the protection is disabled and shared with me that the ABO has expired, sorry, I did not know that the ABO of yet about 225 days, turns off within 3 days. Now I want to know from you whether this action was or was Webroot Illegal? Now I stand without the antivirus.

Webroot for 270 Days Free
icon

Best answer by Richard 16 October 2013, 01:08

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 4
That is so obviously a pirated key which has most likely been black listed by now. My suggestion is, if you want two years of a top of the line security solution, you'll have to buy it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
That is so obviously a pirated key which has most likely been black listed by now. My suggestion is, if you want two years of a top of the line security solution, you'll have to buy it.

I agree as it doesn't sound like it was sanctioned by Webroot and it's been deactivated as the OP posted at Wilders also.

TH
Userlevel 6
The link you provided is to an page that is exploiting a serial key that is no longer active.  We do not give out extended periods of free programming beyond demos and trials over the internet, and would not be relying on the page you linked.  The website you linked to is known for giving out hacked serial keys, which is illegal and breaking the terms of use.  At this time, the keycode posted on the website has been deactived and the accounts using it will be monitored.

If you bought this keycode, please e-mail me at rmelick@webroot.com and I will investigate further.  But, if you found that keycode, I would recommend doing a full uninstall of the program and purchasing a legal, licensed copy of SecureAnywhere from the Webroot.com marketplace.
I thank you for this information. I have left me holding out that it is of you to your antivirus to promote further. I just do not know, I'm sorry that I've used that key. But is good to know. Now I have to look any further, because it looks bad on me financially, I can buy it myself at the moment does not make you a key. I get Hartz 4 (I'm from Germany-'s like welfare) and financially take care of and there are 39 EUR. or around $ 40 a lot for me.
Thanks for your information! :-)
Greetings from Germany
Gerhard
One of my buddies tried this (or a similar) keycode, because he wasn't aware that this is not legal. Now he tries to use his legitimate facebook trial code, and it is not working. Is it supposed to be this way, as some kind of "retribution" ?

I would like to note that he used the "illegal" keycode for 2 or 3 days, and he had legitimate keycode anyway (which has already been activated, so was counting down too).
Userlevel 6
The trial keycodes will not work on a machine that has already had a 'full license' keycode installed to avoid people extending their use of the program beyond purchase time and gaming the system. If your buddy would like to e-mail me at my address provided above, I would be happy to look into the situation and see if I can help him out and get him on a trial.