My windows defender,said that there was a virus and that it was quarantined. I had a expired webroot yesterday,and now when I go check to see if its here,its not.My task manager said that it was there,the webroot for some reason has high cpu count:
I cant find my webroot for somreason.It says that it is on in taskmanager,but is not showing up.Should I force quit the highest webroot??Please tell me on what I should do.
Best answer by TripleHelix
If you still want WSA and have a subscription that is valid then try a reinstall.
Please follow the steps closely!
- Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
- Be sure you add your Keycode to your Online Console: Webroot SecureAnywhere Online Console
- KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
- Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Geek Squad Subscription PC users click HERE) Let us know if it is the Mac version you need
- Uninstall WSA and Reboot
- Look to see if this folder is gone: C:\ProgramData\WRData and if it’s there delete it. (Hidden Area)
- Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode
- Let it finish it's install scan
- Reboot once again
- DO NOT import any old settings as you can set it up as you like once it's done
Please let us know if that resolves your issue?