Solved

Webroot defender not even here

• 14 February 2021
  • 2 replies

My windows defender,said that there was a virus and that it was quarantined. I had  a expired webroot yesterday,and now when I go check to see if its here,its not.My task manager said that it was there,the webroot for some reason has high cpu count:

I cant find my webroot for somreason.It says that it is on in taskmanager,but is not showing up.Should I force quit the highest webroot??Please tell me on what I should do.

icon

Best answer by TripleHelix 14 February 2021, 19:16

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

If you still want WSA and have a subscription that is valid then try a reinstall.

Please follow the steps closely!

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • Be sure you add your Keycode to your Online Console: Webroot SecureAnywhere Online Console
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Geek Squad Subscription PC users click HERE) Let us know if it is the Mac version you need
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Look to see if this folder is gone: C:\ProgramData\WRData and if it’s there delete it. (Hidden Area)
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
  • DO NOT import any old settings as you can set it up as you like once it's done

Please let us know if that resolves your issue?

Thanks,

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @twinmmhaider 

If Webroot is Expired and you don’t want it anymore try this:

If you have an issue to uninstall open the RUN command and run this to Uninstall with the quotes and WSA must be running to uninstall:

"C:\Program Files\Webroot\WRSA.exe" -uninstall

ea5907e6-717b-4f32-9bc9-9ffff7e2b0e9.png

1f4e4c8f-207f-4f5e-ab81-4ac7f70f2664.png

30e9a722-715c-4662-b3a2-08146a9c1d8e.png

Then reboot into Safe Mode and delete these Folder if they exist!

\

Uninstall WSA then Reboot into Safe Mode and Delete:

1. C:\Program Files\Webroot Folder
  2. C:\ProgramData\WRData Folder (Hidden Area)
  3. C:\ProgramData\WRCore Folder (Hidden Area)

Thanks,