Solved

Webroot desktop consule

• 14 October 2020
  • 2 replies

When I logged into my computer this morning, a Microsoft message popped up indicating that my virus protection was off.  I looked at Webroot and saw that it is and was on.  However, it says there have been only 12 scans when I saw earlier this week there were 40+ scans.  I proceeded to rescan and the computer was fine.  As I continued working on my computer, the Microsoft notice popped up again indicating that the virus scan was off.  It was not.  Webroot indicated that the last scan was more than 35 days ago.  That is also false.  I rescanned and it showed everything clean.  I logged directly into the Webroot console and could see that the scan is occurring.  I am confused by this.

icon

Best answer by TripleHelix 14 October 2020, 21:27

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hey there  rartura, i have had that happen to me a few times, but like you i just checked everything out and all was good! Mine said Defender was off and firewall off, as well it did about webroot, but when i checked it out nothing changed! Now on the scan part i am sorry i did not experience that end of it. Sorry 

Have a great day! stargate7

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @rartura 

Yes I see the same when it comes to what the Client says and what it says on the Online Console but I wouldn’t worry about it.

But I would suggest that you do a clean reinstall of WSA.

Please follow the steps closely!

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • Be sure you add your Keycode to your Online Console: Webroot SecureAnywhere Online Console
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Geek Squad Subscription PC users click HERE) Let us know if it is the Mac version you need
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Look to see if this folder is gone: C:\ProgramData\WRData and if it’s there delete it. (Hidden Area)
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
  • DO NOT import any old settings as you can set it up as you like once it's done

Please let us know if that resolves your issue?

Thanks,