Solved

Webroot Firefox extension

• 24 April 2020
  • 5 replies

Hello! I have recently started using Webroot but I never managed to get the Firefox extension. Did reinstall Webroot but with no luck. I have also looked for it in the add-on store but did not find it. What should I do?

icon

Best answer by TripleHelix 24 April 2020, 16:25

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @iAwake 

Have you tried this to get the Extension within Firefox: https://community.webroot.com/web-threat-shield-131/adding-web-threat-shield-to-firefox-342501

HTH,

Thank you @TripleHelix for the help. I have another question if you do not mind. Is not the extension supposed to block phishing and infected sites and downloads? What I see is instead of blocking the site, the extension turns into orange. Moreover, when trying to download a malicious file (to test the functionality of the extension), the download starts and then gets “cancelled” but no notification from Webroot extension or webfilter. Is this a normal behaviour? Thank you

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @iAwake 

Here is info on the Web Shield: https://docs.webroot.com/us/en/home/wsa_pc_userguide/wsa_pc_userguide.htm#ShieldingYourPC/ManagingWebThreats.htm%3FTocPath%3DShielding%2520Your%2520PC%7C_____3

ICON DESCRIPTION

icon-risk-level-dark-green-38White.png

These are well known sites with strong security practices, and rarely exhibit characteristics that expose you to security risks. There is a very low probability that you will be exposed to malicious links or payloads.

icon-risk-level-light-green-38White.png

These are benign sites, and rarely exhibit characteristics that expose you to security risks. There is a low probability that you will be exposed to malicious links or payloads.

icon-risk-level-yellow-38white.png

These are generally benign sites, but have exhibited some characteristics that suggest security risk. There is some probability that you will be exposed to malicious links or payloads.

icon-risk-level-orange-38Whitecanvas.png

These are suspicious sites. There is a higher than average probability that you will be exposed to malicious links or payloads.

Red Exclamation Icon.png

These are high risk sites. There is a high probability that you will be exposed to malicious links or payloads.

icon-gray-circle-38white.png

Ratings are temporarily unavailable or the Webroot agent is shut down. Wait for service to be restored or check to be sure the Webroot agent is running.

@TripleHelix Thank you very much for sharing these links. I really appreciiate it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hi @iAwake you are very welcome!

Cheers,