Webroot Icon Missing Not able to Open Web root normally

• 9 September 2022
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

I noticed the Green check marks that appear during searches were missing so I went to the Windows Icon to get to webroot and I had two listings for webroot I deleted one because I thought that the older one was a duplicate or older version. But the webroot that is left is not a shortcut to open the webroot app. When I turn on Computer I get a windows menu box that says how do you want to open file. I think that is the webroot that I have now but it never opens I tried deleting the webroot that shows up in my computer but it will not delete and says there needs to be an app to delete I tried to download Webroot again from internet but it did not open and so I would click on the download and then it would just make copies and so I had like five copies then I tried to delete these copies PLease help thanks 

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @RROKayO 

Please do a clean reinstall of WSA.

Please follow the steps closely!

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Geek Squad Subscription PC users click HERE) Let us know if it is the Mac version you need
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Go into Safe Mode and Delete these Folders if they are there!
  • C:\Program Files\Webroot Folder
  • C:\ProgramData\WRData Folder (Hidden Folder)
  • C:\ProgramData\WRCore Folder (Hidden Folder)
  • Boot back into normal mode
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
  • DO NOT import any old settings as you can set it up as you like once it's done

Info in case you don’t know how to go into Safe Mode: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/start-your-pc-in-safe-mode-in-windows-10-92c27cff-db89-8644-1ce4-b3e5e56fe234

Please let us know if that resolves your issue?

Thanks,