Webroot Inc. Online Communities Terms of Service
The Terms describe the permitted and prohibited uses of the Webroot Communities, among other things, and you should read the Terms in their entirety. Your access or use of the Webroot Communities evidences your acceptance of the then-current version of these Terms, and any related rules and guidelines posted on Webroot branded web sites.
"Posting" means, but is not limited to, the uploading, posting, or transmission of any text, links, images, videos, communications, opinions, software, data, and any other content any user provides on the Webroot Communities, including, but not limited to message boards, chats, blogs, or otherwise. Your use of the Webroot Communities, or any materials or services accessible through it, after a posting or notification regarding modifications to the Terms constitutes your acceptance of those modifications. Your violation of any of the Terms may result in the suspension or termination of your access to or use of the Webroot Communities.
Participating in the Webroot Communities.The Webroot Communities are intended to provide Webroot product users and developers with the opportunity to exchange useful and helpful information, including code and technological processes. All participants must be above the age of eighteen. Webroot may, in its sole discretion, edit or remove any posting it deems to be in violation of the Terms or inappropriate for the Webroot Communities for any reason.
Appropriate Conduct.Users of the Webroot Communities are responsible for exercising careful and appropriate judgment in evaluating and taking action based on other participants' postings on Webroot Communities, since such postings may reflect significantly different levels of knowledge and experience by participants. Each user of the Webroot Communities agrees that Webroot is not responsible for the accuracy of the content of the Webroot Communities and will not be liable for any damages incurred as a result of the use of any such content. Participants may post hypertext links to content hosted and maintained by third parties. Webroot has no obligation to monitor these linked sites, and is not responsible for them. Accessing any such linked sites is done entirely at the user's own risk.
Use of the Communities.You agree not to post any inappropriate content to the Webroot Communities including, but not limited to, the following:
- • personal information belonging either to the poster or another person, such as full name, address, phone number, personal email address, trouble ticket repair numbers, and Webroot product key codes;
- spam, such as advertisements for other web sites and services, or other commercial solicitation, chain letters, or pyramid schemes;
- excessive posting or padding posts;
- material that is libelous, fraudulent, unlawful, defamatory, pornographic, obscene, profane, abusive, offensive, threatening, hateful, or otherwise objectionable;
- discussions of illegal activities or links to other websites containing such information;
- discussions that veer off topic, are unrelated to resolving the issue at hand, or abuse any company or product;
- discussions of moderator actions on the boards (if you need to comment on a moderator action, please private message any administrator/moderator);
- material the posting of which violates any party's copyright or other intellectual property rights;
- any content belonging to Webroot, or derivative works with respect thereto;
- any information or software containing a virus, worm, Trojan horse, or other damaging or destructive component; or
- any link directing users to any information or content that, if posted on the Webroot Community, would constitute a violation of the Terms or of any state or federal law.
In addition, users shall not engage in any activities that are harmful or destructive to Webroot Community, including, but not limited to, the following activities:
- "bombing" the Webroot Communities or individual threads with repetitive or meaningless postings, postings unrelated to the purpose of the Webroot Community, or excessive cross-posting; or
- attacks, including "Flaming" another user or entity in such a way as to incite or perpetuate an argument or conflict;
- creating usernames to attack other users' identities;
- impersonating other individuals or falsely representing one's identity or qualifications;
- posting under secondary user names or other aliases for the purpose of either endorsing or denigrating others; or
- posting content that breaches any participant's privacy by including name, address, phone, email address, or any other identifying information.
- [list][list]You grant to Webroot and its designees a perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive fully-paid up and royalty free license to use any ideas, expression of ideas or other materials you submit (collectively, "Materials") to the Webroot Communities without restrictions of any kind and without any payment or other consideration of any kind, or permission or notification, to you or any third party. The license shall include, without limitation, the irrevocable right to reproduce, prepare derivative works, combine with other works, alter, translate, distribute copies, display, perform, license the Materials, and all rights therein, in the name of Webroot, or its designees throughout the universe in perpetuity in any and all media now or hereafter known. The license shall also permit Webroot and its designees to use portions of the Materials you submit, rerecord or modify any audio tracks or visual images you provide, rewrite any Materials you submit, and/or incorporate other materials, either created by Webroot and its designees or licensed from third parties, with the Materials you submit. Any such works shall be deemed Materials owned by Webroot and shall not be subject to your approval or payment by Webroot of any compensation to you. You agree that the Materials you submit: (i) are original to you and accurate, and (ii) do not violate and will not violate the rights of any third party or any local, state, national or foreign law, including any right of publicity, right of privacy or any other proprietary right. You acknowledge and agree that the relationship between you and Webroot is not a confidential, fiduciary, or other special relationship. Webroot shall have the right, but not the obligation, to use your name, likeness, biography and other information about you in connection with any use of the Materials you submit. By making a submission, you acknowledge and agree that Webroot and its designees may create on their own or obtain many submissions that may be similar or identical to the Materials you submit through Webroot Communities or other channels and means. You hereby waive any and all claims you may have had, may have, and/or may have in the future, that the Materials accepted, reviewed and/or used by Webroot and its designees may be similar to your Materials.
- [list][list]Users must register an account with the Webroot Communities in order to post to the Webroot Communities or view other’s posts. Purchase of a Webroot product is not required in order to register a Webroot Communities account. Registration for the Webroot Communities does not constitute registration of any Webroot product and does not create a Webroot product related account that would permit access to Webroot product information. Webroot may refuse to grant you, and you may not use, a user name that is already being used by someone else, belongs to or impersonates another person, violates the intellectual property or other rights of any person (including but not limited to trademark rights), is offensive, or that Webroot rejects for any other reason in its sole discretion. Users agree that all information provided in a profile is accurate, up to date, and complete, and that it will be kept updated. Webroot may terminate your account if any of the information provided is found to be inaccurate, out of date, or incomplete.
- [list][list]Webroot reserves the right to manage the postings on the Webroot Communities to provide an orderly presentation of this information. To effectively manage the Webroot Communities, Webroot may designate employees or others to act as moderators and administrators for the Webroot Communities ("Moderators"). These Moderators are the only representatives of Webroot authorized to manage the Webroot Communities.
- [list][list]Users are asked to help Webroot keep the Webroot Communities a valuable and enjoyable information resource for all participants by notifying it of any offending messages or other violations of these Terms. To advise Webroot of such a posting, click the confidential "Report Inappropriate Content" link on the applicable post. Repeat offenders will be contacted by email and may be banned from the Webroot Communities. If violations are egregious in nature, Webroot will contact the appropriate authorities.
Modification and Discontinuance of the Webroot Community.
- [list][list]Webroot reserves the right at any time to delete, modify, suspend, or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Webroot Communities (or any part of the Webroot Community, including any postings) with or without notice. Users agree that Webroot will not be liable to users or third parties for any modification, suspension, or discontinuance of the Webroot Communities.
- [list][list]A user's privilege to utilize or access the Webroot Communities may be terminated by Webroot immediately and without notice at any time in Webroot’s sole discretion. Upon such termination, the user must immediately cease accessing or utilizing the Webroot Communities and hereby agrees not to re-register or otherwise make use of the Webroot Communities. Furthermore, the user acknowledges that Webroot reserves the right to take action -- technical, legal, or otherwise -- to block, nullify, or deny the user's ability to access the Webroot Communities. The user understands that Webroot may exercise this right in its sole discretion.
Disclaimer of Warranties and Limitation of Liability.
- [list][list]MOST OF THE CONTENT POSTED TO THE WEBROOT COMMUNITIES IS PROVIDED BY THIRD PARTIES NOT AFFILIATED WITH WEBROOT. THIRD-PARTY CONTENT IS THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE PERSON ORIGINATING THAT CONTENT. THE USER AGREES THAT WEBROOT DOES NOT CONTROL, AND IS NOT RESPONSIBLE IN ANY WAY FOR, SUCH THIRD-PARTY CONTENT. ADDITIONALLY, THE USER AGREES THAT WEBROOT IS NOT LIABLE FOR, AND THE USER SHALL INDEMNIFY AND HOLD WEBROOT, AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, AGENTS, AND EMPLOYEES HARMLESS FROM ANY CLAIM, INCLUDING REASONABLE ATTORNEYS' FEES, MADE BY ANY THIRD PARTY RELATING TO OR ARISING OUT OF CONTENT SUBMITTED, POSTED, TRANSMITTED, OR MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH WEBROOT COMMUNITIES, USE OF THE WEBROOT COMMUNITIES, VIOLATION OF THE TERMS OR VIOLATION OF ANY RIGHTS OF ANOTHER BY SUCH USER. THE CONTENT ON WEBROOT COMMUNITIES IS PROVIDED "AS IS" AND CARRIES NO WARRANTIES. WEBROOT DOES NOT WARRANT OR GUARANTEE THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, COMPLETENESS, USEFULNESS, NON-INFRINGEMENT OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS, OR QUALITY OF ANY CONTENT ON WEBROOT COMMUNITIES, REGARDLESS OF WHO ORIGINATES THAT CONTENT. WEBROOT DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE WEBROOT COMMUNITIES ARE SECURE, FREE FROM BUGS, VIRUSES, INTERRUPTION, ERRORS, OR OTHER LIMITATIONS. YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT YOU BEAR ALL RISKS ASSOCIATED WITH USING OR RELYING ON THAT CONTENT. WEBROOT IS NOT LIABLE OR RESPONSIBLE IN ANY WAY FOR ANY CONTENT POSTED ON OR LINKED FROM THE WEBROOT COMMUNITIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN CONTENT, OR FOR ANY LOSSES OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND INCURRED AS A RESULT OF THE USE OF OR RELIANCE ON ANY CONTENT. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, WEBROOT AND ITS REPRESENTATIVES ARE NOT LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING DAMAGES RELATING TO LOSS OF BUSINESS, LOSS, CORRUPTION, SECURITY OR THEFT OF DATA, LOSS OF PROFITS OR INVESTMENT, OR THE LIKE), WHETHER BASED ON BREACH OF CONTRACT, BREACH OF WARRANTY, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STRICT LIABILITY, PRODUCT LIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF WEBROOT OR ITS REPRESENTATIVES HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES AND EVEN IF A REMEDY IS FOUND TO HAVE FAILED OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE. THE LIMITATIONS OF DAMAGES SET FORTH ABOVE ARE FUNDAMENTAL ELEMENTS OF THE BASIS OF THE AGREEMENT BETWEEN WEBROOT AND THE USER.