Webroot & LassPass

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello Webrooters,

There are some or all that are having issues with changing over Webroot Password Manager to LassPass.

Here is a video that explains this procedure. I have followed these instructions and this still is not working without errors. @LLiddell @freydrew

https://youtu.be/-rAy7gUB3o8

16 replies

I switched over to LastPass months ago, not going to go back now only to have it break next time Firefox updates. 😛
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Really @BurnDaddy?

I understand totally. We have waited so long and now Password Manager is still broken! bawww
Userlevel 7
I switched over to LastPass months ago, not going to go back now only to have it break next time Firefox updates. :p
I'll skip the Webroot Password Manager for now. I also have been using the Free LastPass for a few years now and I am satisfied with it. I don't want to run into any problems with Webroot's LastPass and the Free LastPass Accounts so I'll just leave well enough alone for now.😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +62

I switched over to LastPass months ago, not going to go back now only to have it break next time Firefox updates. :pI'll skip the Webroot Password Manager for now. I also have been using the Free LastPass for a few years now and I am satisfied with it. I don't want to run into any problems with Webroot's LastPass and the Free LastPass Accounts so I'll just leave well enough alone for now.😉

I just feel really bad for those who have waited so long for a fix and have been worried about losing their Passwords and many have not even backed up their Passwords. Such a struggle. You two are wise to just use LassPass.
Userlevel 7
Badge +48
I created a quick update about the PWM upgrade here.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
I created a quick update about the PWM upgrade here.

Thank you Drew! It would be a crazier day without knowing what you have kindly posted. Much appreciated the update!😊
Userlevel 7
Badge +48
No problem, @Ssherjj ! As always, we're happy to help and we'll keep you updated throughout the day.
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
I'm just glad it's finely fixed and hope that Webroot will keep it updated and coordinate with LastPass on fixes or updates for the future and not have this become an issue again anytime soon.

Thanks,
Userlevel 7
Badge +28
I've been a LastPass personal account user for about 4 years and I've had my company using LastPass Enterprise for about 3 years. Even LastPass has had its breaks during that time due to Firefox updates. However, they get fixed quickly due to enterprise users requiring it and if they don't those customers will go elsewhere.

How do they do this? They start the update process with the beta builds of Firefox. This way when Firefox version x.x.x goes into live production they are generally ready. Since Webroot's Password Manager is based on LastPass, they need to work with them to get these early pre-releases. Obviously they don't want to use them in live production, but they can use them to start preparing for Firefox updates before they are released.

Security Notes:
For those users of Webroot's Password Manager, I have one security suggestion. If you still can't access your account via the fixes they've put in place, I suggest you change the passwords for the accounts you had stored in it. I'm not suggesting they were hacked, it's just generally a good idea to change your password if you lose access to the resource containing it. Yes, this is a pain! However, I'd rather go through the pain of changing my passwords than regaining my identity. Again, that's worst case scenario, but myself and others in the security industry would also say to air on the side of caution. It's your choice, but remember, if they gain access to your email account, they can reset any account that uses that email address by simply using the forgot password function of the website. Next thing you know, you're buying stuff on Amazon and having it shipped somewhere else. Your email account is one of your most important accounts to protect. If they have access to it, they can gain access to banking, shopping, utilities, etc. Just for the fun of it, they could have your power turned off. I can't stress enough, how important it is to protect your master password and use strong, long, and unique passwords for every website. Also, don't use security questions. Don't get me started on how ridiculously dumb they are. If you need to have one, don't use the correct answer. Use a long unique string of random characters and numbers. This way they can't just Google or look on Facebook for your mother's maiden name.

Okay, I ranted longer than one suggestion, I'm sorry. I'm a bit passionate about online security and wish more websites implemented it properly and users followed these concepts more often. If that happened, there would be far less issues with hackers. I'm not suggesting they would go away or wouldn't be a problem, but it would decrease their power over users.
Userlevel 7
Good "Security Notes" @NicCrockett 😉
That is good practice to change your passwords often. Myself I have a little over a hundred accounts with passwords. I divide them into 4 groups and every quarter I change all passwords in a group. So at the end of the year all password have been changed. Some of my Government accounts it is mandatory to change passwords every 90 days. My Master Password is changed twice a year on LastPass. It takes a little bit of work to change the passwords, but I think I can fit it in on my retirement schedule. ☺️
Userlevel 3
Badge +9
After today and the "fix" on LastPass, will we have access to the Premium without having to pay for it?
I just renewed my Webroot Account last week for the next year!
Userlevel 7
After today and the "fix" on LastPass, will we have access to the Premium without having to pay for it?
I just renewed my Webroot Account last week for the next year!

If you bought Webroot with Password Manager you will have access to the upgrade to Webroot's LastPass.

https://www.webroot.com/us/en/home/products/compare
Userlevel 3
Badge +9
Yep. Sure did. That's why I am freakin out about my passwords being withheld today, so I came and found this post...got that answer! The last answer I needed was the one about the upgrade from "Free Trial". 🙂
Userlevel 3
Badge +9
So - Thank you @ProTruckDriver
Userlevel 7
Badge +48
We've added three new Password Manager KBs to the community that will help with your setup/migration. You can find the articles in our KB section.
Userlevel 7
Badge +28
The idea of separating your passwords into groups and changing a group every quarter is very interesting idea I'll have to keep in mind @ProTruckDriver. Unfortunately for me, I'm the IT Admin and I'm maintaining all the shared folders for our enterprise, plus all my own passwords. In total, I'm maintaining more than 500 usernames and passwords. As a single person IT department, that's not retired 😥, I don't have the time to change all those passwords regularly.

LastPass does have a tool that will auto-change passwords, but it only works for certain sites. Mainly big sites like Google and Amazon I believe. A lot of our sites were built by me and there's no way for LastPass to interface with them.

If you run the Security Challenge in LastPass it will tell you the age of your password. However, this is somewhat deceptive. This isn't LastPass' fault, it has to do with how long you've had the account in your LastPass Vault. If I add my Google account to LastPass a month ago, it only knows that the password is a month old. However, if my Google account was added 3 years ago and I've changed the password 6 times since I added it, the last time was 3 months ago. LastPass can see that my password is only 3 months old and it can show me my password history. The Security Challenge rates your account based on several factors, one is password age. So, it will tell you as your passwords age which accounts have old passwords.

I suggest you run the Security Challenge on a regular basis. It will give you a number of great security pointers to improve the security on your accounts. It will also check to see if your email addresses were included in any hacks. If they were and you haven't changed your password on the account yet, you'll know you need to go do so.

FYI, I'm not sure how much of these features are specific to the enterprise version of LastPass or how much are included in Webroot's version.