WEBROOT NEVER SENT MY CD YET I PAID FOR IT NOW CAN'T UPDATE MY OTHER COMPUTER

• 13 March 2016
  • 1 reply

worst service ever i am completely dissatisfied will never renew with you again! I paid for back up CD never got it sent several emails called only to get machine WTF! Have a laptop can't get the new code installed on it why? then I have to signon with all these ups & loops only to get no where! I loved this service my 1st year should have known better what a rotten company WEBROOT HAS BECOME my phone number is <phone no. snipped for privacy reasons> call me because obvously can't reach you as you can do what ever, you took my money, as I can tell you do! sent you money & your agreement was 5 computers & a CD which I paid extra for, never recieved what you agreed to your contract with & I paid for,l I own a la[ptop plus my main house computer & cell phone, but can't update any of them other than main computer. So can't take laptop with me, WEBROOT YOUR A ROTTEN COMPANY, the phone number is worthless to call you emails don't work horrible service what happened to you guys or are you just laughing at all of us? took my money & gave up on us?

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Hi fennix

Welcome to the Community Forums.

You do not need the CD to install on another computer. Please follow the steps below closely in terms of installing WSA on the desired target system/machine!

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • KEEP the computer online during the install to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Subscription PC users click HERE). Let us know if it is the Mac version you need.
  • Install with the new installer, entering your Keycode when prompted to do so in the install process
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot 
and that should do the job.

I would then, at the start of the next working week, call Sales, during office hours, on either 1-866-612-4268 (for the US) or +44 (0) 870 141 7070  (for the UK) to chase up the CD.

EDIT: If you do not get anywhere in terms of the CD then please post back and we can see if we can get an insider track for you on getting a suitable response from the Sales Team. In my experience this is extremely atypical of them and they have always, as far as I know responded promptly and appropriately, to customers enquiries...so not sure what is going in this case.

Regards, Baldrick