Solved

Webroot oddity on startup

• 23 May 2023
  • 3 replies

I’ve recently come back to Webroot after a few months away. Since installing Webroot, when starting up or restarting, I get a prompt from Windows asking if I want Webroot to make changes. I always click yes, and startup continues. It’s the same prompt one gets when installing or updating a new app. It never did this before. I don’t know if it’s a new protocol from Webroot or yet another oddity from Microsoft. I would like it to stop, but have no clue what to do. Any suggestion is appreciated.

Ed LeRoy

icon

Best answer by TripleHelix 23 May 2023, 23:03

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @Edmund44 

It’s been awhile since I seen this issue and it’s best to contact Webroot Support. https://community.webroot.com/search?q=Webroot%20to%20make%20changes

Webroot Support:

Submit a ticket

Call 1-866-612-4227

Note: When submitting a Support Ticket, Please wait for a response from Support. Putting in another Support Ticket on this problem before Support responses will put your first Support Ticket at the end of the queue.

Thanks,

I did contact support, and the issue was resolved with a reinstall. Thanks for the tip.

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

I did contact support, and the issue was resolved with a reinstall. Thanks for the tip.

I have suggested a clean reinstall in the past and most times it didn’t work, glad it worked for you!

Cheers,