Solved

Webroot Password Manager free???

• 30 April 2021
  • 9 replies

I have a subscription to Webroot Secure Anywhere and I have 94 days before it expires.  I understant that LastPass Password Manager comes with this program at no extra cost, but every time I try to activate, it brings me a page where I have to purchase it.  Does LastPass come free with my subscription or not, and if so, how do I activate it without repeatedly being taken to a billing page?

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by TripleHelix 2 May 2021, 17:12

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @Donato777 

See if this helps? It comes with Webroot Internet Security Plus and Complete versions.

Guest Password Manager
Webroot Here's what I know about 'Password Manager'
Guest You need help using Lastpass Password Manager
Webroot The Webroot® password management feature has gotten an upgrade! This feature is powered by LastPass® allows for easy management of usernames and passwords across all devices. Please follow the steps below that match your current account settings.

Current password management customers please click here for video instructions, or use the steps below. You will only need to do this once to securely migrate your account.
  1. Visit my.webrootanywhere.com and log in to your Webroot account
  2. Under the section labeled “Password Manager Powered by LastPass” click “Manage Passwords”
  3. You will be redirected to a LastPass page, from here click “Get Started”
  4. Enter your Webroot account credentials, then click “Log In”
  5. You will be prompted to re-enter your Webroot account password, as well as setting up a new LastPass® master password, once filled in click “Save Master Password”
  6. A progress box will pop-up indicating your account’s migration status, once complete, you will be redirected to a success page
  7. On the success page you will be prompted to install the LastPass® extension in your browser 
New password management customers please click here for video instructions, or use the steps below.
  1. Visit my.webrootanywhere.com and log in to your Webroot account. If you have not set up a Webroot account yet, click on “Create Account” to set one up, then log in
  2. Under the section labeled “Password Manager Powered by LastPass” click “Set Up Now”
  3. When prompted, if you would like to enable Passwords for this account, click “Confirm”
  4. On the next popup for “Account Setup” click “Continue”
  5. You will be redirected to the LastPass page, click on “Sign Up”
  6. Fill in the information, then click “Create My Account” after you set a Master Password
  7. Click “Continue” on the confirmation page that appears
  8. You will be prompted to install the LastPass® extension in your browser 
Current Webroot® password management customers who have a LastPass® account set up with the same email, please use the steps below.
  1. Visit my.webrootanywhere.com and log in to your Webroot account
  2. Under the section labeled “Password Manager Powered by LastPass” Click “Manage Passwords”
  3. You will be redirected to the LastPass site, from here click “Log In”
  4. Enter your LastPass® account credentials, then click “Log In”
  5. Your LastPass® data will be displayed, but none of your Webroot® password management account information will be available
  6. Please contact LastPass® support for assistance with migrating your Webroot® passwords over
  7. You can do so by clicking here
Need help recovering your master password for LastPass? Learn more by clicking here. 

HTH,

This is exactly what I followed and it brings me to the page where I am asked to “Buy Password Security.”   But I have Webroot SecureAnywhere® Internet Security Complete, and on my Personal Security Report page, it says that “Password Manager is included at no additional cost. GET STARTED to protect your login credentials and securely log in to sites with one click.”  I followed all the links and continue to be taken to the page where  I am asked to buy password security.  Why do I need to buy if it “is included at no additional cost.”  This is my dilemma, and I don’t know how to bypass it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @Donato777 

I don’t personally use the Password Manager so it would be best to Submit a Support Ticket and they will sort it out for you.

https://www.webroot.com/us/en/support/contact

Thanks,

Userlevel 3
Badge

IT SOUNDS TO ME THAT TRIPLE HELEX SHOULD NOT HAVE GIVEN ADVICE AND MAKING SOMEONE GO THROUGH ALL THOSE STEPS FOR LASTPASS WHEN HE DOESN'T EVEN USE IT. IVE HAD WEBROOT FOR MANY YEARS,AND LAST PASS TRIED TO GET ME TO BUY IT TOO. WEBROOT NEVER INFORMED ME ABOUT LAST PASS IS PART OF MY SCRIPT. MY PASSWORDS ARE FINE WITHOUT IT.

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

@David Neutz  It doesn’t matter if I use a feature or not as they post info on everything! https://community.webroot.com/password-manager-87

https://community.webroot.com/secureanywhere-for-home-80

And please stop using all caps as that means your yelling or shouting: https://www.wired.com/story/all-caps-because-internet-gretchen-mcculloch/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All_caps

I followed the Moderator’s advice and submitted a support ticket.  I am waiting for a response. Thank you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

I followed the Moderator’s advice and submitted a support ticket.  I am waiting for a response. Thank you.

It could take a few days so have patience as there working from home because of COVID.

Thanks,

Userlevel 3
Badge

Tripleheliex,I am sorry if I afended you.I didn't know the rules for texting my opinion on a subject from a Webroot user. So The way You answered my response and I could be wrong, but you sounded upset with me. From now on I won't use caps for my opinion. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

Donato 777 I was just trying to help, but I have to careful from  now on. Moderator not happy.