Solved

WEBROOT pop up blocking screen, why?

• 30 March 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

suddenly last week I started getting an annoying screen from WEBROOT.  It pops up with a countdown and I’m supposed to choose to block or accept etc. the event that is occuring.  I did not turn this on, so how to I turn it off?  It pops up no matter what I’m doing on the computer and blocks my work till I click “x” to delete it from the screen.  It’s bugging me to no end.  

icon

Best answer by TripleHelix 31 March 2022, 18:31

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @SAFTONLINE2 

What you are describing is a Firewall Notification as some untrusted process wants to connect to the internet so if your not sure then it would be best to Contact Webroot Support to see if the file is good or bad. Or it could be an untrusted process trying to run on your system and Webroot support is the way to go to know for sure.

Something like this?

Webroot Support:

Submit a ticket or

Call 1-866-612-4227 during the week Mon - Fri 7 AM to 5:30 PM (MDT)

Thanks,

Userlevel 1

I called, waited and was dumped from the phone cue twice after waiting more than 10minutes.  Now I try to start a ticket but was not mailed a ‘password’.  Tired  using my email and password for WEBROOT, they don’t work.  Totally frustrated at this point.  What do I do next? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

I called, waited and was dumped from the phone cue twice after waiting more than 10minutes.  Now I try to start a ticket but was not mailed a ‘password’.  Tired  using my email and password for WEBROOT, they don’t work.  Totally frustrated at this point.  What do I do next? 

Hello,

Wait for a reply from support and at the same time they will give you a password. It could take 24 to 48 hours. I will ping a couple of Webroot staffers @khumphrey  @TylerM 

Note: When submitting a Support Ticket, Please wait for a response from Support. Putting in another Support Ticket on this problem before Support responses will put your first Support Ticket at the end of the queue.

Thanks,