Solved

Webroot Security Settings Question

• 11 June 2013
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Just installed Webroot. Checked PC Security on my online account. My settings for Webroot Secure Anywhere are "user defined" although I didnt change anything, just installed it. When I click on the help icon on this page, a number of security settings are listed. The "Medium(recommended)" setting is highlighted in blue. Should I change my security settings to this, and if so, what will it do as regards the program? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
icon

Best answer by RetiredTripleHelix 11 June 2013, 17:28

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello WaspUK1966 and Welcome to the Webroot Community Forums.

I would leave that setting at User Configuration in the Online Console then on the Webroot program on your computer you can set the settings as you like but in most cases it is recommended to use in default configuration.

HTH,

TH
Userlevel 2
Thanks for such a quick response TH. Very impressed! Just read that article on cloud tech from Kaspersky that`s been posted on your forum. Sorry I did. I used to have kaspersky Internet security 2013 on  my PC before Webroot. I`m slightly worried now that I might be vunerable to infections if I continue to use Webroot as it`s protection is soley cloud based. Please put me at ease!
George
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Thanks for such a quick response TH. Very impressed! Just read that article on cloud tech from Kaspersky that`s been posted on your forum. Sorry I did. I used to have kaspersky Internet security 2013 on  my PC before Webroot. I`m slightly worried now that I might be vunerable to infections if I continue to use Webroot as it`s protection is soley cloud based. Please put me at ease!
George
Not to worry George please read the last 2 posts in this thread. http://community.webroot.com/t5/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-Complete/What-can-happen-whitout-Internet/td-p/43376#.UbdBRJywWas

Also have a look at this Video: http://community.webroot.com/t5/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-Antivirus/What-Happens-if-Webroot-quot-Misses-quot-a-Virus/ta-p/33374#.UbdB3JywWas

HTH,

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 2
Thanks once again TH! I`ll sleep easier now! Hated Kaspersky anyway! Resource Hogger Number 1. Thank you very much once again for such quick replies. George.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Thanks once again TH! I`ll sleep easier now! Hated Kaspersky anyway! Resource Hogger Number 1. Thank you very much once again for such quick replies. George.
Anytime George and pull up a chair and stay for awhile we are a friendly bunch. :D

Daniel