I have Windows 10 Home and use Firefox (version 84.0.2) along with the latest Webroot (version 18.104.22.168). Though Firefox recently updated, Webroot Threat Shield was still working until yesterday when I noticed I was not getting the green check marks and other visual safety indicators when I did a search on Firefox. No icons appear at all next to the individual search results.
I had this same problem back in late November 2020 (only at that time I just saw spinning circles). My Firefox had recently updated to version 83 before this happened. I wrote about the issue here and was given a link to latest version of Webroot which instantly solved the problem, but believe I have the latest version of Webroot SecureAnywhere now so I’m not sure what the issue could be.
Checked extensions in Firefox and Webroot Threat Shield is listed there as “Enabled.” Anyone know what could be happening so I can fix this? Thanks!
Best answer by TripleHelix
Can you please do a clean reinstall of WSA?
Please follow the steps closely!
- Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
- Be sure you add your Keycode to your Online Console: Webroot SecureAnywhere Online Console
- KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
- Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Geek Squad Subscription PC users click HERE) Let us know if it is the Mac version you need
- Uninstall WSA and Reboot
- Look to see if this folder is gone: C:\ProgramData\WRData and if it’s there delete it. (Hidden Area)
- Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode
- Let it finish it's install scan
- Reboot once again
- DO NOT import any old settings as you can set it up as you like once it's done
Please let us know if that resolves your issue?