Solved

Webroot Threat Shield Only Shows Spinning Circles After Firefox Update to V.83

• 25 November 2020
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1

I have Windows 10 Home and use Firefox browser which recently update to V.83.  I use Webroot (WSA) version 9.0.28.153.   Now when I do a search, only spinning circles appear next to each search result (no green check marks, etc.).   The Webroot icon still appears on my computer and when I checked my Firefox add-ons, it says Webroot Threat Shield is enabled.   I disabled it, then re-enabled, then restarted my computer, but this did not help. Is there a glitch due to the new Firefox update?  Anyone else having this issue? What can I do to fix this? - Nancy

icon

Best answer by TripleHelix 26 November 2020, 03:18

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @NancyK 

Please download and install over top and do a reboot to get version 9.0.29.62: https://anywhere.webrootcloudav.com/zerol/wsainstall.exe

https://answers.webroot.com/Webroot/ukp.aspx?pid=12&app=vw&vw=1&login=1&json=1&solutionid=1098

Then let us know if that solves your issues.

Thanks,

Userlevel 1

Hi:  Thank you for responding & Happy Thanksgiving - I’m not really a “technical” person so am sort of afraid to change anything on my computer in case something goes wrong - I don’t have any IT help locally - how come when I click on my Webroot icon in the task bar and then click on “Check for updates” it says my system is up to date and that system updates are done in the cloud now and therefore my system will always be up to date?

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @NancyK 

Just download and install it’s easy and simple! https://anywhere.webrootcloudav.com/zerol/wsainstall.exe as we need you to get to the latest version and when you have time reboot your system!

Thanks,

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Also you need to update with the link above because your version is old and i don’t know why it has not updated since:

PC Version 9.0.28.153 (Released June 15th, 2020)
Added
  • Tech bench tool enhancements
Userlevel 1

OK - I tried what you said and it didn’t seem to work - how long does the new version take to install?  After I downloaded, the system asked me twice if I wanted to continue and I said yes and then nothing happened for  bit, so I thought it was done and I rebooted, but the same version of WSA is still on my computer - did I not wait long enough for the install to complete?

Userlevel 1

OK - tried it again and it worked - thank you so much TripleHelix for your help and patience - take care - Nancy :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

OK - tried it again and it worked - thank you so much TripleHelix for your help and patience - take care - Nancy :)

Great to hear and it only takes a few seconds to update to a newer version! Also how is your issue with Firefox?

Thanks,

Userlevel 1

Firefox issue fixed as well - sorry for the delayed reply - was getting ready as my best friend is coming over today and we are making spaghetti with home made turkey meatballs, salad and garlic bread! - have a wonderful holiday!! - Nancy :)