Solved

Webroot using 90% CPU

I have updated, rebooted(6 times), uninstalled webroot and reinstalled, and worked for over 6 hours to recover my computer.  Webroot is still hitting 90% and I can do no work.

it appears to be running in something new WRSkyClient….HELP!!!!

icon

Best answer by TripleHelix 18 June 2020, 17:31

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

18 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +33

@Rchaffin1 

When you perform the uninstall, make sure you go back and double check to ensure that the WRData folder in ProgramData as well as the Webroot and it’s sub folder Core in ProgramFiles. That contains the new WRSkyClient and WRCoreService are located. They are part of the new agent updates. 

If that fails again, I’d contact support/place a ticket to get some further assistance. 

Regards

John H

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @Rchaffin1 

Yes that and these are new files but I have never seen WRSkyClient use that much CPU. Can you post a picture of all of Webroot’s Processes please! See here for more info: https://community.webroot.com/got-a-question-10/wrskyclient-x64-exe-342821

And if it continues it’s best to Submit a Support Ticket and they will look into it.

Note: When submitting a Support Ticket, Please wait for a response from Support. Putting in another Support Ticket on this problem before Support responses will put your first Support Ticket at the end of the queue and support can take up to 48 hours to reply or a little longer because of COVID-19.

Thanks,

Thanks for the responses.  Sorry for the delay in responding but WRSkyClient still keeps taking over my computer.

I had to remove it from the startup programs because it was taking my computer 30 to 33 minutes to get to the point where I could use it.  I canceled the scheduler.  I tried to uninstall it (again) but Webroot popped up the web request (EDGE) of why I was canceling etc. etc.  As I was trying to write an explanation WRSkyClient kept hogging all the CPU.  Using task manager I would end the process but as soon as I typed another letter WRSkyClient would hog all the CPU again.

I submitted a support ticket yesterday with a picture of the high CPU

Can you disable WRSkyClient????

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Can you disable WRSkyClient????

I don’t know I will ping @BradW  or @PVaddi  to see what they say!

I have this problem too. This is on different computers who all have same internet connection. Ezorg connection. (dutch)

When i connect the pc to a open internet connection the problem is solved. also when i connect it back.

Now can i whitelist IP addresses for the internetconnection. 

Can you please give me the addresses webroot needed?

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @r.scholtelubberink 

Please it’s best to Submit a Support Ticket and they will look into it.

Note: When submitting a Support Ticket, Please wait for a response from Support. Putting in another Support Ticket on this problem before Support responses will put your first Support Ticket at the end of the queue and support can take up to 48 hours to reply or a little longer because of COVID-19.

Thanks,

Is saying to open a ticket the best answer?  Can the fix be posted when the answer is actually provided by Webroot support? 

I saw else where that drive encryption software may be the main culprit. Any merit to that?  BitLocker? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Is saying to open a ticket the best answer?  Can the fix be posted when the answer is actually provided by Webroot support? 

I saw else where that drive encryption software may be the main culprit. Any merit to that?  BitLocker? 

Ask support, this is an 8 month old thread and things change as new features are added and worked on. Personally I don’t use drive encryption.

And in 8 months no real answer provided? Just a “Ask Support” reply? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

And in 8 months no real answer provided? Just a “Ask Support” reply? 

Look at the whole thread! If nothing helps then it’s best to contact support as they have tools to help users that we don’t have access to on the Community!

The whole thread? There are 11 replies and no actual fix other than your suggestion to contact Webroot Support. Your answer is NOT the solution so setting this thread to Solved isn’t accurate or helpful… other than giving you a point on your Solved tally thing. 

I have a ticket open with Webroot and I’ll post the results here once I get an actual answer from them. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

The whole thread? There are 11 replies and no actual fix other than your suggestion to contact Webroot Support. Your answer is NOT the solution so setting this thread to Solved isn’t accurate or helpful… other than giving you a point on your Solved tally thing. 

I have a ticket open with Webroot and I’ll post the results here once I get an actual answer from them. 

Are you trying to cause trouble? If so please don’t or i will have to remove your posts because you are not adding anything productive.

No, I’m just trying to get an actual solution to this problem. 

Anyone who previously called Webroot Support, can you post the solution here please?  

I called Webroot yesterday but they don’t work on the weekends. I’ve been on hold for about 30 minutes so far this morning. No one has picked up yet. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

No, I’m just trying to get an actual solution to this problem. 

Anyone who previously called Webroot Support, can you post the solution here please?  

I called Webroot yesterday but they don’t work on the weekends. I’ve been on hold for about 30 minutes so far this morning. No one has picked up yet. 

I told you this issue is 8 months old so if your having this issue contact support because none of us Beta Testers are seeing this issue anymore!
https://community.webroot.com/got-a-question-10/wrskyclient-x64-exe-342821?postid=355393#post355393

Next time start a new thread!

Support said to make sure the following URLs are not being blocked by the local firewall or proxy filter. The cloud sky process is trying to reach the cloud for updates but likely being blocked (in my particular user’s case).   *.webrootcloudav.com being the primary address that isn’t reachable.  Fix still not confirmed. 

Agent communication and updates

=============================

*.webrootcloudav.com

Agent messaging

==============

*.webroot.com

Management portal and support ticket logs upload ==========================================

*.webrootanywhere.com

Agent file downloading and uploading

===============================

wrskynet.s3.amazonaws.com/*

wrskynet-eu.s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/*

wrskynet-oregon.s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/*

Web Filtering (elasticbeanstalk is an Amazon AWS domain) ================================================

WSAWebFilteringPortal.elasticbeanstalk.com

Fix was: 

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\WRData

The RSP key had old proxy IP addresses, which we removed. Just cleared the value. Didn’t delete the key.

-Then had to complete a previous uninstall/reinstall.. but Webroot CPU utilization is now normal. 

Good day!

I created an account just to say thank you to Jason Vick! What a legend! My wife’s laptop has been unusable for an entire day and I couldn’t even uninstall Webroot because the CPU was running too high to do anything. This registry key was a quick fix after rebooting into safe mode.