Solved

Webroot using 90% CPU

• 15 June 2020
  • 7 replies

I have updated, rebooted(6 times), uninstalled webroot and reinstalled, and worked for over 6 hours to recover my computer.  Webroot is still hitting 90% and I can do no work.

it appears to be running in something new WRSkyClient….HELP!!!!

icon

Best answer by TripleHelix 18 June 2020, 17:31

Hello @r.scholtelubberink 

Please it’s best to Submit a Support Ticket and they will look into it.

Note: When submitting a Support Ticket, Please wait for a response from Support. Putting in another Support Ticket on this problem before Support responses will put your first Support Ticket at the end of the queue and support can take up to 48 hours to reply or a little longer because of COVID-19.

Thanks,

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7

Hello @Rchaffin1 

Yes that and these are new files but I have never seen WRSkyClient use that much CPU. Can you post a picture of all of Webroot’s Processes please! See here for more info: https://community.webroot.com/got-a-question-10/wrskyclient-x64-exe-342821

And if it continues it’s best to Submit a Support Ticket and they will look into it.

Note: When submitting a Support Ticket, Please wait for a response from Support. Putting in another Support Ticket on this problem before Support responses will put your first Support Ticket at the end of the queue and support can take up to 48 hours to reply or a little longer because of COVID-19.

Thanks,

Userlevel 7

Can you disable WRSkyClient????

I don’t know I will ping @BradW  or @PVaddi  to see what they say!

Userlevel 6
Badge +29

@Rchaffin1 

When you perform the uninstall, make sure you go back and double check to ensure that the WRData folder in ProgramData as well as the Webroot and it’s sub folder Core in ProgramFiles. That contains the new WRSkyClient and WRCoreService are located. They are part of the new agent updates. 

If that fails again, I’d contact support/place a ticket to get some further assistance. 

Regards

John H

Thanks for the responses.  Sorry for the delay in responding but WRSkyClient still keeps taking over my computer.

I had to remove it from the startup programs because it was taking my computer 30 to 33 minutes to get to the point where I could use it.  I canceled the scheduler.  I tried to uninstall it (again) but Webroot popped up the web request (EDGE) of why I was canceling etc. etc.  As I was trying to write an explanation WRSkyClient kept hogging all the CPU.  Using task manager I would end the process but as soon as I typed another letter WRSkyClient would hog all the CPU again.

I submitted a support ticket yesterday with a picture of the high CPU

Can you disable WRSkyClient????

Userlevel 7

Hello @r.scholtelubberink 

Please it’s best to Submit a Support Ticket and they will look into it.

Thanks,

I have this problem too. This is on different computers who all have same internet connection. Ezorg connection. (dutch)

When i connect the pc to a open internet connection the problem is solved. also when i connect it back.

Now can i whitelist IP addresses for the internetconnection. 

Can you please give me the addresses webroot needed?