Solved

Webroot vs Snagit

• 17 December 2013
  • 11 replies

Hello, I'm new to the forum and I'm having an issue.  Webroot wont allow Snagit to capture any images unless I deactivate certain firewalls.  Is there a way to take care of this without comprimising security?
icon

Best answer by RetiredTripleHelix 17 December 2013, 04:46

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Hello C-note and welcome to the Webroot community! 😃.

It sounds like Webroot is set to not allow trusted programs access to user data. If you want to continue having Webroot block all programs from taking screenshots (or accessing other protected data) with the exception of Snagit, you can go to Webroot's identity shield settings and tell Webroot to "allow" the Snagit file to access the data. To do this, please open your WSA interface (double click on the tray icon, or the desktop icon if you have one on the desktop). After you do that, on the right side of the interface, there should be a list of components like this: "PC Security, Identity Protection, Backup and Sync, Password Manager, etc.". Please click on the little gear on the "Identity Protection" section. Then, you should see two tabs on the top, one that says "online protection" and one that says "application protection". If you click on the application protection tab, you will be able to see which programs Webroot is protecting and which programs Webroot is blocking from accessing data. From this list, you should be able to find the Snagit file (I don't know the name of the Snagit process as I don't use it myself), and switch it to "allow" instead of "deny". This way, you will be able to take screenshots with Snagit without allowing all programs to access protected data. Please try this and let us know if it works 😃.

HTH,

Shran 😃
Thanks Shran, I'll give it a try and let you know how it turns out.
Userlevel 7
Hope it works!
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello C-note and Welcome to the Webroot Community Forums.

Also to add what the Commander said you can check this setting in the picture below as I use snagit and that's my setting as well.

http://i39.tinypic.com/2nqzfw4.png

Cheers,

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 7
Thanks for the extra advice Daniel :D

Shran
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Your very welcome Shran!

Cheers,

Daniel 😉
Thanks for the suggestions team..it worked!!!
Userlevel 7
Thanks for the status update, I'm glad it worked!
If you need help with anything else, the community is a great place to go :robothappy:

Shran
Userlevel 2
Wow!  Do other security programs do this kind of thing?  I just had the same problem with copy and paste not working in Personal Editor 32.  Making the "deny" to "allow" change for that program fixed it.  I now have both methods jotted down in my survival notes.  It definitely pays to browse this forum!  Thanks, Commander and Daniel.

Ken
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Wow!  Do other security programs do this kind of thing?  I just had the same problem with copy and paste not working in Personal Editor 32.  Making the "deny" to "allow" change for that program fixed it.  I now have both methods jotted down in my survival notes.  It definitely pays to browse this forum!  Thanks, Commander and Daniel.

Ken
I know how you feel on that... I came here originally in late 2012 with a question.  I didn't post much, but stopped by here and there, and found that I can learn a lot.  I learned, and found that I can help others too :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:

Ken
You're very Welcome Ken!

Cheers,

Daniel 😉