- Webroot will not send me an email for a forgotten password, Tried for two days.
- I have an HP Envy 15 x360 i7-4510
- opened the laptop and the system was in a loop. just as it go to my desktop it would go to blue screen with a single line warning me that it was missing a file and that I needed to go to the site listed to fix it. each loop gave me a different website. I was able to grap the desktop eventually but not able to find the error. I closed it down and came back later.
- Later there was no loop but the CPU would max out until I opened Task Manager when it would drop to less then 15%.
- I did an internet search for a fix and found that I probably had a bug. Webroot normally starts when I power up my laptop but it did not this time. I tried to double click it open and it simply would not. discovered that no program would open.
- It was suggested that reloading webroot might force it to open but that did not happen.
- I go to work before the webroot help desk opens and get home after it closes.
- I could not do a service ticket since webroot will not send me a temp password. I have the long code for activating webroot but I don't remember the password.
- I also opened in safe mode but that did not help. Nothing would open in that mode either.
It was suggested that I use task manager to find and manually delete the problem file but most of the files look like nuclear weapon codes to me.